Freddy's fresh finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
serial number b53567 what year
it has araya rims with heavy duty spokes
rear hub is a free wheel
IMG_5567.jpg
IMG_5568.jpg
IMG_5569.jpg
IMG_5572.jpg

It looks like a nice custom bike. More pics would help get the date. Is the number on the BB or the dropout? If it's on the bottom bracket then it could be a 46 or 52, on the dropout could be a 53, 56, or 57. The type of fork crown on your springer indicates an older model. I believe Schwinn changed from the style you have to the newer version in 1955. The crown is different on the newer model. Yours is facing backward and should be turned the opposite direction, if I see the pic correctly.
1675724984423.png

Maybe just the frame and fork is original, but a good looking cruiser! The seat stem is probably original and stuck there.

On the bottom bracket is pre 1953, they switched to the dropout mid 1952.

So it's a 46 or an early 52.

It was made in Nov of 68. In 1968 there were three Schwinn models like that. It could be one of two 20" models, Typhoon or Skipper. Same bike except the Skipper came with training wheels. Maybe they were taken off.
The Fleet had tabs for a tank.

That's right, October. I counted the months using I, which they skipped. No Coppertone on Typhoon in 69. I'm sticking with late 68.

Latest posts

Back