Free Klunkerz Screening at the La Paloma in Encinitas!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this on the MTBR forums, might have to take a long lunch

Hey San Diego Riders,
Gary Fisher and Charlie Kelly, partners in the first mountain bike company in the world... cleverly called MountainBikes, will be at the Klunkerz screening on Friday, 1/30 at the historic La Paloma Theater in Encinitas. The screening is in conjunction with the Competitor Magazine Film Festival. The screening is on Friday at noon. If any of you think you can make it, hit me at [email protected] and I'll score you tickets. Simply email me the names of people who will definitely make it, and they're in! Charlie Kelly will also be joining us at the screening for the Q&A following the screening. It should be fun.
Ride on!
Billy

http://www.lapalomatheatre.com/

Yeah, figure I pretty much have to do this one for as much mtb'ing as I do, right in town at a funky old theatre that normally premiers surf movies. Plus get my copy signed by all Billy, Charlie, and Gary

That was a complete blast, I'll get some pics up later in the weekend. Billy, Charlie, and Gary were ultra cool, it was like hanging out with people you've always known, maybe a bike people thing like Gary said. Pretty good crowd ~75 for mid-day on a Friday, none of the other Comptetitor Mag Festival movies pulled close to that.

I may have start deleting stuff of my att account but I'll get a few pics up now

The Venue La Paloma Theatre Encinitas, CA got there a bit early before the line started met Billy outside
IMG_0965.jpg

Gary and Charlie working the crowd in line, this kind of flower child looking gal brought them out to sign her Fisher mtb
IMG_0966.jpg

som joking around with the crowd
IMG_0967.jpg

the money shot, not sure who was wearing more Patchoulli oil
IMG_0968.jpg

screen shot
IMG_0969.jpg

Several images from the post film Q&A had trouble with light from this side so some images blurry
IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

Inside shotof the theatre as I moved to the other side
IMG_0979.jpg

Billy brought out one of the Klunkers he had Alan make him for the film
IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

Wish I had listened to the director he wanted to check the shot, we weren't in sync
(man I need to go on a diet)
IMG_0983.jpg

too freakin cool man!!! that wouldve been an experience to remember for sure! thanks for posting the pics

Easy E

Man...that would have been so fun.

Love that last shot with Billy...glad to see you sportin the club colors. :mrgreen:

Awesome! Thanks for the post, Jack. It was nice to meet ya. That was really a great time. KLUNKERZ won "Cycling Film of the Year" the following night at a huge, 600 person black tie gala at Sea World. That was amazing. Oh, and that hippie chick, Wendy, was so cool. We spent the weekend with her. Super hard racer, studying environmental law, already has a degree in botany. Quite a catch, that one. She broke her wrist on Saturday but wouldn't go to the doctor. It seems she breaks stuff all the time and the casts never stay on more that 24 hours. "Can't ride worth a .... with a cast on." said she. She had this bone poppin' out of her wrist and we went to this bar where she proceeded to drink me and Gary under the table (no small feat). JagerBombs! She had, like, six in a row or something. Then she wanted to dance. Too bad I'm NOT 20 years younger, and NOT a whole lot better looking, and NOT unmarried or she would have been MINE! Anyway, here's one of the articles about the Sea World gig. Thanks for all the support. Ride on.
http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=14091

klunkerbill said:
Awesome! Thanks for the post, Jack. It was nice to meet ya. That was really a great time. KLUNKERZ won "Cycling Film of the Year" the following night at a huge, 600 person black tie gala at Sea World. That was amazing. Oh, and that hippie chick, Wendy, was so cool. We spent the weekend with her. Super hard racer, studying environmental law, already has a degree in botany. Quite a catch, that one. She broke her wrist on Saturday but wouldn't go to the doctor. It seems she breaks stuff all the time and the casts never stay on more that 24 hours. "Can't ride worth a dang with a cast on." said she. She had this bone poppin' out of her wrist and we went to this bar where she proceeded to drink me and Gary under the table (no small feat). JagerBombs! She had, like, six in a row or something. Then she wanted to dance. Too bad I'm NOT 20 years younger, and NOT a whole lot better looking, and NOT unmarried or she would have been MINE! Anyway, here's one of the articles about the Sea World gig. Thanks for all the support. Ride on.
http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=14091

Congratulations Billy, you really deserve it, great film! And that was a completely different experience watching it with a group of bike people than at home on the DVD. I definitely laughed harder and more often. That gal seemed pretty cool, a real live wire, talked to them just a bit. She was a good size gal not surprised she put away the drinks, probably alot more practice too from guys trying to drink her under the table.

Well...maybe she wouldn't be mine even if I had all the above. She had a boyfriend who was really cool and was also a talented musician. .... THOSE MUSICIANS! I'll post some pics as they come in. Thanks RRB. You guys rock!

Back