FREE TREKS...WELL, SORT OF...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I get an email from a friend of ours and she tells me that her folks are moving to Reno and they have a couple of old Trek bikes that they don't want to take with them and I could have them if I wanted them.

They left them in the shed and left the shed unlocked so I could go over any time to get them. They had already moved out so there wasn't anyone in the house anymore.

So yesterday on my lunch break I head over to the house to pick up the bikes and all the while I'm thinking, what if the neighbors call the cops on me. :lol:

I get there and park and head to the back yard. I pull the bikes out of the shed and notice that there's an extra wheel set so I grab those too. I was in the backyard about 5 minutes and headed out to the car to load the bikes up on my rack. I get them all loaded up and get in my car and BAM!...stinking parking ticket on my windshield...ha ha! :lol:

I look around and there's not a soul in site. It's a residential neighborhood and on a quiet street. What I had done was park facing the wrong direction on that side of the street. I did it because there were no driveways on the street and figured I'd be there 5 minutes so what the heck. This had to be the stealthiest parking patrol officer on the force. Either that or the neighbors are hired to give out parking tickets. :lol:

So the two free Treks turned into $45 Treks...which still was worth the deal.

I got them home and cleaned up the larger of the two bikes, fully intending to list them on the CL today and then I made the mistake of riding the bike. :? It rode super nice and fit me perfectly so I think I may have some fun tinkering around with it and keeping it as my "exercise bike."

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

I nearly threw some liter out the window when I drove off to continue the lawless streak I was on. :lol:

If you had littered I'm sure you would have been caught by the same parking ticket issuer thereby further increasing the cost of the 2 "free" Treks!

we have you on camera,,, speeding ticket is in the mail! :D

Great looking bike. I'd put a rack on it and call it my commuter/rails to trails rider. :mrgreen:

As community service to pay for your lawlessness... RRB needs a post for beginners on how to clean up a Fresh Find. Like how to bring back the chrome, tires and paint, and how to bust the rust.

Court is adjurned.

A friend wanted me to keep an eye out for a bike for him and I figured an older Trek multitrack to be the best modern bicycle I could recommend. I found the perfect one for the perfect price and had a hard time selling it to him when the time came :? Late 90s-early 00s was a great time for the brand.

Nice pick!

Those Singletracks are nice bikes. I believe they were handmade at Treks facility with Prestige tubing. 8) 8)

Sweet bike. . What did they do buy them and put them in the shed and never ride them. Thinking I need my uncle to send me some of that texas magic bike cleaning water

Great thread and post. Got me rolling. Hilarious. Did the address to mail your $45 check coincidently be the next door neighbors?

1918 Ranger

1918 Ranger said:
Great thread and post. Got me rolling. Hilarious. Did the address to mail your $45 check coincidently be the next door neighbors?

That's a good question, I'll have to check this evening after I jaywalk to my house. :lol:

Latest posts

Back