freezed up/rusty/dirty tank horns...?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took a couple of those apart once but couldn't get them to work. Inside is a thin disc that vibrates by an electro magnet. If the edges of the disc are rusted to the outer shell the thing is shot. Gary

I've never had any luck getting those things to work once they quit. I've got an idea though, before taking it apart, spray inside it with wd40 or liquid wrench to see if that works. I would gently bang it on the workbench also. On the unit on my tank, it has a small screw, try tightening/loosening that to see if that gets any results. Mine changes the tone slightly or makes it stop. I would think another buzzer part could be spliced in to the holder as long as it's the same voltage, one or two batteries.

An old guy from a schwinn club taught me. You need to spray a little wd-40 in the horn itself and slightly adjust the tiny screw next to its. then press the horn button with fresh batteries inside to see if you can get a sound. might take a few tweeks and thats it. Make sure you clean the parts the batteries sends the charge through, i dont know whats its called but you get the idea. lmk if you get through.

Thanks Dan, that sounds like the solution I was looking for. Can't wait to try it out, I've got a few horns that aren't working.

Latest posts

Back