friday score ...last one for today

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
here is a hawthorne MW ...i need some info on this ...like year and what it would b worth im pretty sure ill b keeping it tho just would like 2 know
IMG_20120219_113249.jpg

IMG_20120219_113244.jpg

IMG_20120219_113254.jpg

IMG_20120219_113314.jpg

little hole inthe frame here ..hmmmm
IMG_20120219_113319.jpg

and then this stupid moped ...LOL its gotta go ...no title tho ..shhhh
IMG_20120219_113445.jpg

IMG_20120219_113450.jpg

i have another real nice schwinn frame ...complete with no wheels ..another cwc springer and a few other bikes i have 2 pick up monday or tuesday ...so ill have more pics in a few days ..thnx for lookin ya'll MIKE

its prolly bent ...i havent really dug into any of these yet ...checked the rims n brakes ...ill get into it a little more on my days off ...gotta get some prices figured out on all this stuff 2 ...its all gotta go ..well mayb not the hawthorne .. :lol:

I would keep the Hawthorne also :lol: Its a NICE BIKE, Not sure on year but I would guess between 55-59
I have an old Hiawatha frame that had the crank rub thru and I was able to weld the hole up ,but its a rat and the paint burn just adds class to the repair

Check the BB, I think these have the year stamped in reverse, so a 56 would be stamped 65, offset from the serial #. Nice ride! -Adam

Hey sell the moped over here across the border in Indiana, we don't require mopeds to have titles. I have had a ton of them. Had one exactly like that a few summers ago but in better shape.

hondaexpress2.jpg

Report this postReply with quoteRe: friday score ...last one for today
by MORTUNDEAD on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:02 pm

I really dig that moped...

its for sale ...no title tho ...runs good !!

thnx scott

That Hawthorne is beautiful. The hole in the stay is 100% fixable as well.

I guess '55 on the year but that's just based on the styling.

Just noticed, that isn't the original guard unfortunately. Looks like a Murray guard.

yeah i knew i could fix the hole ...kinda bumbed about the guard tho ...i thought this was my first all original bike ...nag dabit !!! :oops: oh well i guess it will go up for sale !!!! pm me offers .. :D

I really have no idea what it's worth,but I saw one for 50 bucks on the local cl. Would you consider a trade?

No title is needed in California(that's where I am) for mopeds. I have a late 1950' s all- original all-chrome mens firestone thaat is in pretty good shape to trade. Want pics?

Latest posts

Back