From the 719 to the 718

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyStillz

Not the bestest, but the next asbestos.
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi!
My name is Bobby and my first bike was a little red Schwinn with solid rubber wheels. At age 10, I got a hand-me-down Western Flyer that was Rat Rod through and through. Nothing was original except the frame and stem, which were various colors of primer. I loved the 'stingray' style frame, which flared out at the back fork, unlike the rounded style on Schwinn. A man up the street who owned a garage and built low riders, offered me $100 for my bike. At age 10, i said 'no', and have had the bike ever since. It has undergone several transformations through the years, including a current 'revamping', but I just love the bike. Have had others, but have always kept this one. I have a buddy in Colorado (where i am from), that I used to build bikes with. Now that i am in NYC, I am trying to start a little vintage bike cruisin' club, and find other kindred spirits.
I love the site, and hope to connect with more of you, and share in the excitement of YOUR projects.

Bobby

Fireproof said:
Hey Bobby, hello and welcome to RatRodBikes! :)
Cool story about yer bike . . . glad ya still have it! When ya get a chance, we would love to see some pics! 8)

So here are the before and afters of the most recent 'revamp of my childhood bike. Hope you enjoy. I will include more pics in the build section.

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0133-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back