From Visalia ,CA with love!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first Forum, Blog, Posting ect.., but my hobby for these old bikes has turned into a compulsion/obsession! I seem to go look at a bike from local classifieds and come back with a trailer full of parts. There's times I blow all my extra money in one shot :shock: , but when I go into my garage :lol: , I forget about the money and fantasies about how I'm going to put all these vintage parts together from 5 different makes & models Whoo Hoo, excitement! So what do I do, put together a half a bike then get distracted by another bike sitting there, then go check out another bike ad WOW. So I'm ramblin on, these things are good clean fun that the whole family can enjoy and do together. Your new friend Jimmy! I have pics of all my bikes coming shortly!!God Bless

WELCOME FROM SACRAMENTO.THIS ALL STARTED FOR ME IN 2006 WITH A 1966 26'' SCHWINN FRAME THAT HAS BEN BUILT TWICE NOW.MY DAUGHTER HAS A 70'S STINGRAY MY GIRLFRIEND BUILT A 64 LADY'S SCHWINN AMERICAN,HER MOM IS NOW BUILDING A 1950 LADY'S TANK BIKE.HER DAD IS WORKING ON A FULL CUSTOM TRIKE,AND HER NEPHEW AND BROTHERINLAW ARE WORKING ON A 64 STINGRAY.WATCH OUT THIS CAN SPREAD TO FAMILY MEMBERS BE FOR YOU KNOW IT. :mrgreen:

Hey Dude..Welcome from Manteca !! I can totally relate to finishing vs. starting another project..got 3 frames in "process"...then start on the girlfriends beach cruiser, then....find a complete bike for her..buy that one to get her "by" until I finish her other one...THEN.......those fenders need a scuff and paint...meanwhile good ol' CL catches my eye and now I am the owner of a BMX that was too good to pass up..so..MEANWHILE .... the future Mrs. Punisher is "patiently" waiting for just one of her bikes to be rideable..this is addictive...Not to mention..amongst all this..I bought her a "project" 83 Camaro...it never ends..thank god !!

greg66 said:
WELCOME FROM SACRAMENTO.THIS ALL STARTED FOR ME IN 2006 WITH A 1966 26'' SCHWINN FRAME THAT HAS BEN BUILT TWICE NOW.MY DAUGHTER HAS A 70'S STINGRAY MY GIRLFRIEND BUILT A 64 LADY'S SCHWINN AMERICAN,HER MOM IS NOW BUILDING A 1950 LADY'S TANK BIKE.HER DAD IS WORKING ON A FULL CUSTOM TRIKE,AND HER NEPHEW AND BROTHERINLAW ARE WORKING ON A 64 STINGRAY.WATCH OUT THIS CAN SPREAD TO FAMILY MEMBERS BE FOR YOU KNOW IT. :mrgreen:
Thank you for the welcome! Yes it really does spread through out the family Both my Dad and Father inlaw are HOOKED. :mrgreen: Some of my bikes are posted hope you enjoy them Thank you again! Jimmy

old school 64 said:
Hey Dude..Welcome from Manteca !! I can totally relate to finishing vs. starting another project..got 3 frames in "process"...then start on the girlfriends beach cruiser, then....find a complete bike for her..buy that one to get her "by" until I finish her other one...THEN.......those fenders need a scuff and paint...meanwhile good ol' CL catches my eye and now I am the owner of a BMX that was too good to pass up..so..MEANWHILE .... the future Mrs. Punisher is "patiently" waiting for just one of her bikes to be rideable..this is addictive...Not to mention..amongst all this..I bought her a "project" 83 Camaro...it never ends..thank god !!
HaHa I know exactly how you feel :shock: Thank you old school 64 love the the Bass Pro over there in your neck of the woods! You know the girls also get mad at us when we get a new old bike or part, then spend hours online trying to figure out the best way we can use or modify it....How ever thanks again have a good one bro! Jimmy

Bass Pro is just a stones throw away..LOVE THAT PLACE...yeah, since I wrote..actually cleared the fenders on my sweeties bike..(yet to put them back on..lol..) BUT...low and behold..Craigslist bit me again..got a beautiful "pre-Walmart" Mongoose mountain bike that is begging to be my first FIXIE project..price was right..FREE.....it never stops..thank god !!

old school 64 said:
Bass Pro is just a stones throw away..LOVE THAT PLACE...yeah, since I wrote..actually cleared the fenders on my sweeties bike..(yet to put them back on..lol..) BUT...low and behold..Craigslist bit me again..got a beautiful "pre-Walmart" Mongoose mountain bike that is begging to be my first FIXIE project..price was right..FREE.....it never stops..thank god !!
Cool !!! Send pics~~~~

karfer67 said:
welcome from sacto
Thanks karfer67, you got alot of cool parts! We need a thread to show off all the different stuff we got huh, that'll be cool!!

Latest posts

Back