Fun to ooooh and aaah

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOLY MOLY :shock:

BBCBikes = Bicycle Bones on Ebay = over priced IMHO!

For what it's worth.
Joe

I bought a repro half moon Schwinn seat post clamp from him. It was a little high priced but it is top quality. I'd buy from him again if it was a hard to find part. Gary

You need to know how he plays. If you watch his opening price on something new ,it is generally very reasonable + BIN option often with free shipping! Some very good deals to be had for sure! I'm pretty sure that when he gets a huge initial response to an item he raises the price to a premium.Gary said it best, top quality, and Dan is very knowledgeable. I have made many very good purchases from him and will continue to do so! Hows about a New Departure rebuild set, discs + keeper spring $12.00 shipped, 95 Phantom rack w/light and all harware all NOS and still bagged shipped under $40.00! :wink: Later & PEACE!!!!!

Oh crap! The hometown secret is has been leaked. Budget Bikes is a superstore. They have a cluster of small shops all together on the same street. One shop fpr vintage. Another for new bikes ad repairs. They have a dedicated tandem/recumbet store. You get the picture.

Yes, this guy is totally legit. Yes, some of the prices are sky high. We locals refer to Budget as more of a museum than a bike shop. Maybe Roger is thinking about thinning the collection, but he has never come down on price as far as I know. Perhaps, given the current economy, they are thinking of merging the stores. The real estate must be worth a fortune.

This shop is pretty good with internal hub repairs, as you can imagine. Strangely enough, they don't deal vintage parts through the store. Only via eBay.

I have almost work for this shop on a couple of occasions, but couldn't make it fit my other job. Talk about a dream job.

Yeah, I've noticed that myself.His primary address is in Crecent city CA. but I have seen listings from Oswego,KS. as well, maybe a drop ship of some kind? I am pretty sure the dude resides in good ol Humboldt Co. CA. as he has many redwood burl offerings for sale and the giant Sequoia Redwoods are legendary in the "Lost Coast" region @ Crecent City, CA. :wink: Later & PEACE!!!

That's the used bike store for the Budget Bicycle Center in Madison, Wisconsin. I was in there a couple of weeks ago and took some pics because I didn't think my friends or family would believe it unless they saw it. And just like slacker said, this is only one of four stores they have on the same street. One of their stores only sells accessories, and it's actually two store fronts that they connected together and tore out part of the middle wall to make even bigger.They've got a pretty good rep in town.

I went to their used bike store because I'm thinking about liquidating my bicycle inventory and I figured they might be a one-stop selling solution. I've got a medical treatment coming up that my insurance isn't going to cover and the price is expected to start around $5,000. Obviously I'm not going to get anywhere near that figure with my bikes, but every little bit helps.

Budget Bicycles a stunning collection of classic cruisers. These guys would be the ones to check with if you're looking for one of the rarer vintage balloon tire bikes with all the original parts and is in good shape but that isn't in a fully restored, front page of the magazine type of condition. Sadly, however, the salesman I talked to said that they don't sell too many cruisers. Madison is much more of a roadie/commuter/fixie type of town.

The way the used bike store is set up it's MTB's on the left, hybrids and sport cruisers on the right, cruisers in the back right corner, town bikes in the back left corner, and road bikes everywhere else. All the bikes hanging from the ceiling are more or less extras from each section that they didn't have room for on the floor.

070509006.jpg

A view from the town bike section, There was another row of bikes on my left I couldn't squeeze into the picture:

070509004.jpg

Latest posts

Back