Functional-rbbo17

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool work on the hidden brake.

So I’ve ridden 20 miles or so on it and I’m not a fan. My one rule for bikes is I have to ride them to be worth keeping. I love my 2 year old build off bike. Banana seat and all. But I think the seat is part of my problem with this one.
1730B99D-6E19-4673-BA26-5E3476659310.jpeg

loses cool points and may not be the final seat but I’m going to try this and see what I think. I really want to like this bike.

Sorry that you aren't totally feeling the bike yet. It looks great.

That wasn’t the original plan, but it is one of the things I’ll be checking out. That bike was parted out recently! I’ve always wanted 700c on a bike but not sure I want to add brake mounts to this frame
An add on brakeset that mounts on the seat stay bars would be a way to do brakes without modifying anything. They are usually available either here, The Cabe or eBay and not that expensive.
They are also period correct for the frame. Schwinn, Resilion and others made them. I will pull up photos of them later so you can see what I am describing.

An add on brakeset that mounts on the seat stay bars would be a way to do brakes without modifying anything. They are usually available either here, The Cabe or eBay and not that expensive.
They are also period correct for the frame. Schwinn, Resilion and others made them. I will pull up photos of them later so you can see what I am describing.
Ended up mounting the brake under the kickstand mount

Sure, the post was mainly for info in case another person or yourself is looking for an alternative braking method that is period correct. I didn't see the style I offered mentioned by anyone.
Yours was a great Idea, and used on some musclebikes and BMX bikes as well.
Thanks, Rob

Latest posts

Back