Funny stuff my wife says... about my obsession's / passion for bikes.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lets here them. some Examples. blow

Macktastic said:
mhogaboone said:
Why do you have so many you can only ride one at a time
ask her that question when she buys more shoes and bags :lol: :p
"Why are we getting all these bicycle emails?" --- OH -I don't know???

"I thought you already had one like that"

the wife "I'm going to get powder coated that way you will pay attention to me"

Wife: "I can't go through the basement to do the laundry without tripping over these bikes."
Me: "Well, if you were in the kitchen where you belong,making me a sammich, you wouldn't be tripping over these."

Here's one "I don't want that crap in my bleeping house! Go work on that crap in the garage! (MONTH GOES BY) "Why the heck are you always in the garage"?.

keep em coming fellas....... 🤣

"Do you need any bike parts?":inlove:

If your wife asks that, then you know something is up. Before you check the car for dents, the kitchen for fire damage, or the bank account; get your bike parts ordered. Don't let anything get in the way of a big order of parts. :thumbsup:

prob because I'm 21 years older than mine: "leave me a list of how much they are worth".

After 33 years my wife doesn't say too much about my hobbies until I start spending thousands at once.

She did ask me why I was building so many.

I reminded her that she told me we should have more bicycles to ride when the kids come over. (This is a woman who has only asked me to go riding about 5 times in 33 years.)

I was on about bike #8 when I reminded her we have 8 grandkids, plus everyone else.

End of questions except: "Where are you going to put all these?"

One day my wife ask, how many bikes I have? (Sadly, my pause to think of an answer I would survive took too long.) I finally answered I only have about six bikes. She looked at me with - that look. I said really! She asked what about those I saw the other day. I told her those weren't bikes, they were parts. She is a smart women and finally asked after my failed attempts to make sense of all the 'parts'. How many frames are here in the house?
In the end I am a lucky man and we had a laugh about the whole thing.

I get a '41 Schwinn New World.
Wife: "That's cool. Where's mine?"
I search and search and finally find one in Connecticut. Epic seafaring tale, wherein I take the ferry over to Bridgeport, the guy shows up just as the ferry is closing the gates! I make it in the nick of time. Phew. I get
the bike home and stash it, waiting for the "right time?" (never a right time) to show her what I'll be working
on for her. It's going to be great! His and hers baby! Doing it! The "right time?" comes and she sees the Ladies Schwinn New World... ... .... .... ... .... "It's too tall, I can't ride that."
Yeah, but honey I can adjust everything for you so you can... "No. I don't like it. But thanks anyway." :43:
I gave up. They're both for sale now.

Latest posts

Back