Future MBBO Entry

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I picked this up just two days ago. It's quite complete. I'll stash it away for a future buildoff.
20230114_120641.jpg

I picked this up just two days ago. It's quite complete. I'll stash it away for a future buildoff.
View attachment 222316
Awesome find!!!! Im in upstate NY: I think those things were made in PA or NY? I NEVER see those things around here, though.

I see a lot of Rollfast, which were made here… but I think those old Ross’s were up in the NE somewhere too…. I NEVER see this bike. Awesome score.

I can see how it would be very easy to build a custom frame based on this design. There’s nothing really complex about it. But it is unique compared to your basic stingray frame.

Ross was Chain Bike Corp, in Allentown, Pa until 82 or so. If I remember right, the year is in the serial number after the Letter "R". Either one digit or two is the last digit(s) of the year.

Last edited:
That seat looks as comfy as a 2x4.
That's the bare pan. It was marginally better with the upholstery on it.

20190802_221433.jpg

I can see how it would be very easy to build a custom frame based on this design. There’s nothing really complex about it. But it is unique compared to your basic stingray frame.

They are very cool looking and make for good customs, but as far as riding them, they have all the rigidity of uncooked spaghetti. I've been lucky with my two, but I have heard that the common failure mode is for the welds to break at the head tube.

20190803_193132.jpg

It's actually kind of ridiculous how much attention this one gets for a pile with no correct parts on it.

IMG_2540.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back