Galvanized vs Stainless, pics added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on getting sheet metal for my powdercoating curing cabinet. I can get galvanized from my work all day long and stainless from time to time. What Im not sure about is will the galvanized gas off when heated up to 400 degrees?

Its actually the roaster I was using when I was doing smaller parts, it's my only heat source right now. Plans are to put 3 stove top burners across the bottom. its 3 ft long 28 inches high and 18 inches tall. working on getting some compressed insulation for the outside of it.

You probably won't have much success at all on larger parts until you get an adequate heat source and some proper insulation. The key is controlled even heat. Harsh radiant heat from the bottom only will blister the underside of your parts before it cures the top.
I suggest that you do a little searching on some powder coat specific forums before you dive in too far in the direction you're headed.
In the big picture, the extra effort to get some recirculating air flow and decent insulation will be rewarding in the end.:thumbsup:
Actually got the idea for the burners from a powder coat forum that Im on.

Latest posts

Back