Gas Money

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's mighty cold out there to be washing a bike with a garden hose and a tub. We're supposed to dip below freezing tonight
IMG_20221002_171715501.jpg

More crust than I am accustomed to
IMG_20221002_172012653.jpg

How much of this am I supposed to take off? Do I have to?
IMG_20221002_184405478.jpg

IMG_20221002_184412192.jpg
Thinking about taking the shine off the crown
IMG_20221002_184446890.jpg

If all else fails cut it flush and cold chisel the inside nub out. I wouldn't fight it too long that should chisel right out.

Front of the frame looks fine, it's the rear that's more concerning View attachment 211521View attachment 211522
I don't think there's much paint there at all

*I didn't add the green leaf there for effect, that's from the tree I work under. Matches the bike nicely, though doesn't it?
That surface clr it's how I got the top tube
Screenshot_20220922-183458.png

That's the bike in the back was put there and didn't move for 40 years.

That surface clr it's how I got the top tube
You mean I've gotta wash it AGAIN?!
I can bring the fork to work we have all those tools
I like the sound of that, I have none of the tools. I was cutting it with a hacksaw blade and crushing it with vice grips. My hands are mad at me, that's some thick steel

You mean I've gotta wash it AGAIN?!

I like the sound of that, I have none of the tools. I was cutting it with a hacksaw blade and crushing it with vice grips. My hands are mad at me, that's some thick steel
Yes always washing something when Im involved

Nice frame Matti. I like the color too. Heat the steerer and use wd or similar. I had a similar problem on a Chicago schwinn with one of those pressed steel wald stems years ago. I used the small torch my girlfriend at the time bought to do creme brulee. eventually it came out.

I’ve never seen one of those Canadian bikes up close. Are those seats stays riveted to the drops?

My why-not button is thinking about this box of military grade pop rivets in my shed.

Latest posts

Back