Gas Money

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A classic type of front tire, which were so common but which I hardly see here these days, except on old bikes. Are they still available new in Canada?
No those tires are off a gazelle 1960. You can still buy that style new in India.

A classic type of front tire, which were so common but which I hardly see here these days, except on old bikes. Are they still available new in Canada?

No those tires are off a gazelle 1960. You can still buy that style new in India.
Lol the secret theme of this build has been revealed... I'm trying to build this bike using as much of Ingola's backyard stash as I can take! There may be a quiz at the end of the build where you try to identify what parts are mine. So far I think I have provided 3 pieces, pretty sure they were liberated from another guy's junk pile. As of now, it's still pretty much just Gas Money 🤑

J
Lol the secret theme of this build has been revealed... I'm trying to build this bike using as much of Ingola's backyard stash as I can take! There may be a quiz at the end of the build where you try to identify what parts are mine. So far I think I have provided 3 pieces, pretty sure they were liberated from another guy's junk pile. As of now, it's still pretty much just Gas Money 🤑
Just remember if something is missing now we're digging

Hey Ingola wanted to see if this would work.
IMG_20221119_122524134.jpg

Nope

Really nice Camel Back Matt, can't wait to see it finished!

I'm Rat Rodding a early Raleigh Colt Camel Back ... so seeking tips on your bulidup.

Raleigh Colt Camel Back
Those are really nice frames. I believe Raleigh used unusual specs for their bikes, so keep as much of the original parts and hardware, swapping stuff out will be challenging. @ingola is a bit of a Raleigh historian, happens to have a Colt or two, once you start posting about yours, he'll have tons of information and guidance

Yippee skippy, it's Saturday, the sun is shining, ten degrees above freezing, the chore list is short enough to ignore. Perfect day for linseed oil! Appropriate for the Canadian theme, I cut up some vintage Canadian rags
IMG_20221126_093940856.jpg
back in the 90s, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation put out a show that strove to teach the kids how to be smart with their money. Did I mention how much I've spent so far?
IMG_20221126_094002546~2.jpg

I gots the street sense, I know what street I live on

its quite cold where you are ATM, sometimes if the phones warm in your pocket or whatever and you take it outside you can get a slight condensation buildup inside the lense itself. sometimes that is, but yes the pics are not as good as others youve posted!

Nice work with the linseed oil to bring some shine to that blue. I’m glad you didn’t paint it.

Back