Gaskill's Hop Shop presents: Josephine (New Stripes)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We are working very late into the night over here at the hop shop. With deadlines closing there are machines to be built. Here is the new workhorse: Josephine. A machine built for speed, We found her in the back of a panel truck in Mobile, Alabama. With 3 cranks and extended frame work Josephine was built to handle long distances at high speeds. We are trying to restore this lady to what we think she once appeared. We will try to keep photos of the progression.

josephine.jpg

Re: Gaskill's Hop Shop presents: Josephine

Very cool, more pics of the frontend please.

what the ,? who the,? whats going on ,? that things crazy cool!

:shock: cooooolllll!!!!! i clicked on this thread, and my pants got caught in the chain :lol: :lol:

From my limited vision, it seems like the two sprockets on top just spin while you pedal...or are they actually attached to the rear wheel somehow? Anyway, it's cool.

kinda reminds me of a time machine....

Need pictures! The one on the blog is pretty shaded and low-resolution, but looks like an interesting design.

Holy cow! that is a piece of art. Don't wear a tie when you ride it!

Here are some new pictures of Josephine. This is the point it was about 2 weeks ago trying to restore it to what it may have looked like in it's glory days. I tend to spend all my time slaving over these things and forget to snap some shots in between my pee brakes, or coffee refuels. Wow blurry picture below.
Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Ok so i need to take some better pictures, but when its 3 in the a.m. i dont have the steadiest of hands. Here is a picture of the restoration of the exhaust/intake unit:
Picture008.jpg

And an accurate representation of the classic coke bottle oil reserve:
Picture007.jpg

Shift linkage:
Picture010.jpg

While i'm at it here are some pics of Gaskill's Hop shop:
Picture014.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Cool shop! I hope you can give us a video of josephine in action when she's restored.

Latest posts

Back