Gaskill's Hop Shop Presents. Schwinn Project (Name Pending)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well its been a while since i had a build going on up here. As we all know sometimes you can build a bike so fast you forgot to take pictures and before you know it its down the road in someone elses garage. My goal here is to build a bike that is a great green way rider and commuter, with Gaskill style. No chopping out or heavy duty customization, a true mild kustom. I want to sell this bike when I'm done, so I'm keeping this build documented so whoever buys it really knows what went into it. Ok so there is the story, here is the build:

1995 Schwinn 6 speed.
IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg

Whats cool about this bike is that it has canti drops, so I had these V brakes sitting around, which will be great stopping power for this rig.
IMG_2154.jpg

Ok, these bars belong on a hybrid, not a kool kustom. Losing these and installing a Voodoo Scorcher Bar. Aluminum, thick, and wide. Great combination.
IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

Wheels are the most important part of any build, without them you don't have a bike. I built these super sturdy for heavy mountain biking. Surly Ultra New Hubs laced with DT Swiss Champions, Brass Nipples, all tied up in a double walled Sun Rhyno Lite. I got these hubs because I'm a sucker for Surly and high flange. Also you can literally take the hubs apart without tools, simply pull apart.
IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

Glad to see you back. Been missing those of us who like to do full rat customs, but understand the need for cash flow. Interested in how this turns out.

Latest posts

Back