Getting ready for summer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Man have I had a week, I was getting my mower out and ready to mow and well it finally gave up the ghost after 5 years and however long it's previous owner used it before throwing it away and me picking it up. But the piston finally cooked in it, gas in the oil and oil on the spark plug so it's blowing by.

So I was on the hunt for another mower and found one (Yard Machine)for $20 but the deck was kinda rough and it didn't have a bagger but it mowed so $20 wasn't bad. So today I take the old mower to the scrapyard and I found a third mower. It was in the flood we had here and caked in mud but it was a nearly new Cub Cadet self propelled 6 speed, with bagger and all. I paid $18 (scrap price for a 111lb mower, 5 lbs of it was probably mud and dirt) I took it home, cleaned it up with the garden hose, paid a buddy of mine $10 to clean the carb and it runs great! The drive unit works, speeds all work, cuts and runs great, I am stoked. I looked it up on the Cub Cadet site and new it's a $500+ mower! I got $28 in mine. And my neighbor down the street gave me $20 for the Yard Machine mower so I got it out of my shed :mrgreen:

http://www.cubcadet.com/equipment/Produ ... ogId=14101

Yep, as they say one man's trash is another man's treasure. Just needed 10 minutes worth of work and a good cleaning.

Well I might be trading this off to my neighbor, he's offering me a nice .410 shotgun, another mower that runs (one I sold him), and to mow my yard for the rest of the summer at his expense! It's a tempting deal considering I love guns, hate mowing the lawn, and I only got $28 in the mower.

Well I ended up trading the mower even up for the .410 rifle, the mower started smoking really bad and wouldn't stop, I took the muffler off, took the plug out and sprayed WD-40 in there and it still smoked. He said he'll fix it so I am on the hunt for another mower.

Not all bad though I basically bought a nice New England Arms Pardner .410 shotgun for $28. :mrgreen: So now when it comes to home defense I have two options, .380 pistol quick and painless, or the .410 shotgun and re-paint the living room, I wouldn't want to be on the business end of either one.

I love this rainbow effect

DeuceWheeler said:
Nice flip!
Is that a New England Firearms shotgun?
Yep exactly. New England Firearms Pardner .410 shotgun. From the reviews I've read online they sound pretty decent.

Latest posts

Back