Getting to Know Matti

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frame: 80s when it started out as a CrMo Cunningham designed Nishiki that met up with a car. Front fork and triangle rebuilt with double butted CrMo tubes: a higher bottom brkt for increased ground clearance and laid back seat tube: more like a touring bike. It became my go-to camping, expedition, etc bike
Sounds like my kind of thing, I love it when a bike is made to be used. Hilarious that the pic of the roller cams and BB area was enough to know it was serious business. Got any more shots?

This is my baby (yea I know shes ugly). Its been 5 years or so since I have been able to ride. I am hoping that this year I can "turn that pig around (shout out to Funkme)":)
my baby.jpg
20230524_105751.jpg

The proper order of business goes like this.

Consume beer.

Smash can.

Jump.

I see people on YouTube every day that get those things backwards for some reason.

You just gotta face the facts that if you’re thinking about the safety of your beer, you’re going to crash.

I was moving stuff around in the garage so I can store the camping gear for the winter. I decided to dig out this pretty little lady and put her back together. I forgot how close I was to finishing Sweet Marie.
IMG_20230901_113915549.jpg
IMG_20230901_114113281.jpg

Since she's all shiny and nice to look at, I might as well enjoy her company.
IMG_20230901_124304885.jpg

Yesterday was about beverages in the sun
IMG_20230902_155930326.jpg

Snakebite got a shine up, and as a reward for the hard work at the campsite, was first to get to try the new Park chain cleaner
IMG_20230902_161824148.jpg

Pretty tidy stuff.
Since I was washing things, and drinking other things, I dug out the RockRat for a little scrub too.
IMG_20230902_160319318.jpg

Washed up, and after lubing 3 chains, I wiped it down with the greasy rag full of chain oil. It looks perfect. This is my favorite bike in the whole world. We need to ride again.
To finish off the day to perfection, the Lovely Ms Dice invited me to go for a cruise after dinner, enjoyed the sunset down by the harbour with the Duck and Island Queen. No pictures, to busy doing

PS I need a new phone. My lens is scratched pretty bad.

Yesterday was about beverages in the sunView attachment 247025
Snakebite got a shine up, and as a reward for the hard work at the campsite, was first to get to try the new Park chain cleaner
View attachment 247023
Pretty tidy stuff.
Since I was washing things, and drinking other things, I dug out the RockRat for a little scrub too.View attachment 247024
Washed up, and after lubing 3 chains, I wiped it down with the greasy rag full of chain oil. It looks perfect. This is my favorite bike in the whole world. We need to ride again.
To finish off the day to perfection, the Lovely Ms Dice invited me to go for a cruise after dinner, enjoyed the sunset down by the harbour with the Duck and Island Queen. No pictures, to busy doing

PS I need a new phone. My lens is scratched pretty bad.
You washed your bikes you had to be drunk

She was gone, lads were gone, time for me n bikes. Forgot to add that I had a Philo's Special sub for dinner too. Steak, pepperoni, fried onions n peppers, mozzarella toasted to golden glory...

Should have told me could have grabbed the duck and gone to the brewery. Mind you after that sub I would have been asleep.

Should have told me could have grabbed the duck and gone to the brewery. Mind you after that sub I would have been asleep.
We did our first date night cruise of the year. No way I could have made the Duck go anywhere other than to follow his Queen down the path. He didn't even look at a trail anywhere along the way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back