GIANT and GT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went to a LBS yesterday and fell in love with these two bikes. I want to get ONE! Anybody know anything about these? The Giant they had was an anodized orange,. They were both extremely comfortable. The GT Aerostream has a belt drive system.....I'm an "old" guy, and I feel like I could ride off into the sunset on one of these. :D

Giant TRANSEND LX
Transend_LX_blue_GU_72dpiWIDE.jpg

GT Aerostream
2000_1300_G10AER3_203.jpg

Just something to ride on longer trips. Like I said both were very comfortable. The Giant definitely has an advantage, with the gearing.....Workmanship, was impeccable on both........$550 each. Don't NEED em, just want one! :roll:

It's promoted as a "commuter".

I kind of like the GT. It has a art deco flava to it.

that Giant is the nugget. you should get it.

The GT is real cool.But its belt drive.I only know of one other company[Trek]that is making a belt drive bike.The problem is when that belt goes out]breaks] on you where do you find another one,without some kind of special order situation?Stick to chains.They've been around 100 years and everyone is always gonna have them.The belts do ride nice and quiet,but scared of a possible headache.

I'm leaning toward the Transend...........Besides, they have the COLOR I want.

true. bears don't have good memories do they?

I like the Giant myself....has more of a manly look to it.

Unless of course you opt for the above stated pink option. :?

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
true. bears don't have good memories do they?
Let's see .....It was a "toss" up of which bike was my FAVORITE bike.......Yours or Skips.....But I couldn't REMEMBER what yours looked like! SOOOO, go check out THAT thread.

Latest posts

Back