Gift Rod Ideas - NEW Pics, just picked it up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just won this bike on eBay for $30. I am going to pick it up on Wenesday. My plan is to clean it up and customize it a little and give it to my nephew for his 11th birthday in two weeks. Does anybody have any suggestions on any cool mods for this bike? I don't know any of the specs on it. I'm pretty sure the rear is 20x4 1/2 and the front is 24x1.95. I thought it might be cool to throw a 24x3 on the front, but i don't know if the rim is wide enough or if the front brake system will allow. It also looks like the bars have been changed. I think it will be a pretty cool bike when it is done. I think it will be neat too because I just gave his brother a green wal-mart black friday stingray. Now they will have the old and the new.
ee77_1.JPG

Re: Need Help for Gift Rod Ideas

Those are stock bars. The rear is 20x4 1/4 I think, and the front is 24x2.10. I think I've seen a 3" on front before. One easy mod would be some small ape hangers (since hes only 11). Heres a pic of mine, maybe it will give you ideas (probably more than your looking for)

4-1.jpg

I thought these bikes came with the pointed handlebars like in this picture.
dscf0003.jpg

Cool. Thanks!
I am liking the small ape hanger idea. Do you know the size bar the headset will take? will it work with a cruiser type bar with the bump in the middle or do the bars have to be straight?

Also, does anybody know what color came with the black rims? he said he repainted the frame on the listing. I can see the sideways stripes on the rear rim, so i do not think he painted them. All the pictures I have found have the silver wheels.

No problem. My bars are just standard bars with the lump in the middle. Being that tall there is a little flex in them, but a smaller pair should be fine.

As for the black wheels, they look original since the decal is still visible. I had a burnt orange occ with black wheels. That one almost looks like the 'stealth' model. I dont have any pictures on this computer to show you.

I picked up the bike tonight. To my suprise, it looked much better than the picture on Ebay. It is like new. He did a great job painting it flat black. It was just a little dusty. The chain wasn't even dirty. It does have the pointed bars though, I couldn't tell from his little picture.

This will be a hard bike to give away. It's a good thing I'm too big for it.
2264549972_938ea5210a.jpg

he also threw in an extra stringray seat with an iron cross and an additional seatpost/pan.
2263761447_7107c87d4a.jpg

I saw oics where someone took the pan off the seat, cut it in half, flipped it around and bolted it back on. Gives a few more inches for taller guys...

Latest posts

Back