Goin' broke $200 atta time

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_8245.jpg

Sorry kids.
IMG_8255.jpg
3780799-1660703014-87502.jpg
IMG_8267.jpg

It's easy to overspend on bikes especially since there's so many cool ones out there. I should know I just dropped $240 on bikes and drug home 11 bikes I didn't need.

So, you're saying a have a few extra... 🤔
Yeah but I did just buy a 16 pack of bike hanging hooks so now that I can hang them up I should have room for a few more...lol There's only 40 bikes in my storage unit

Yeah but I did just buy a 16 pack of bike hanging hooks so now that I can hang them up I should have room for a few more...lol There's only 40 bikes in my storage unit
ya I am in same boat. about 20 /40 in a monthly payed storage building. then another 25/30 at home + enough frames / parts to build way more . it's addictive.

ya I am in same boat. about 20 /40 in a monthly payed storage building. then another 25/30 at home + enough frames / parts to build way more . it's addictive.
I've been addicted to a few things, and in recovery for one. I hope there's no cure for the latest one.

Am I counting this up right? Did you get four bicycles for $200? That would be pretty cool around here. And you wouldn’t find bicycles like those either.

I’m not finding anything to build my dream, but you do find vintage racers like Peugeot. I’m just gonna weld one up from bits.

I wanna build a recreation of the bike I rode as a teenager. It was built from bits of other bikes, in the time honored method.

Go back a generation from those Schwinn cantilevers you have, to the straight bar Tornado. So far I haven’t found one close enough, or in the appropriate condition.

All I’m going to use is the frame and the crank set. It’s gonna get stripped and painted metallic purple just like I did it then.

For the enjoyment I get from having a storage unit full of bike projects it's worth much more than what I pay in storage.

Am I counting this up right? Did you get four bicycles for $200? That would be pretty cool around here. And you wouldn’t find bicycles like those either.

I’m not finding anything to build my dream, but you do find vintage racers like Peugeot. I’m just gonna weld one up from bits.

I wanna build a recreation of the bike I rode as a teenager. It was built from bits of other bikes, in the time honored method.

Go back a generation from those Schwinn cantilevers you have, to the straight bar Tornado. So far I haven’t found one close enough, or in the appropriate condition.

All I’m going to use is the frame and the crank set. It’s gonna get stripped and painted metallic purple just like I did it then.
I bought five on Friday, paid $1000. The fifth one doesn't have handelbars so it's not seen here.
$400 for High Sierra, it's pristine. The KS American was 240. That's why I made the drive. The other I planned to buy was the Tornado, 40. The Corvette is very clean though incomplete.
All bikes have a story that speaks to someone. Cuz, you know.

I bought five on Friday, paid $1000. The fifth one doesn't have handelbars so it's not seen here.
$400 for High Sierra, it's pristine. The KS American was 240. That's why I made the drive. The other I planned to buy was the Tornado, 40. The Corvette is very clean though incomplete.
All bikes have a story that speaks to someone. Cuz, you know.
Saturday I bought 3 and got 9 free... spent $240 total for 11 bikes including a 68 Stingray and 70 Fastback, 5 sets of ape hangers, 2 seats, and 2 wheel sets.

I've been addicted to a few things, and in recovery for one. I hope there's no cure for the latest one.
Amen to that we could be addicted to a lot worst things.

but ya most my done bikes collect dust and lose air in tires sitting in storage. while new to me or rebuilds park/ line up in my work space at home . to be built more my way. then I have a shed that houses the ones I plan to ride the most that month. then. I swap the shed bike out. with bikes from storage to keep it some wat fresh.

Looks like you are in Utah too? I came close to buying that king size. It was a good price, but I already have too many. Cool to see that you got it.
Yes! I call SLC Rockville from the REM song (Don't go Back to) heh. I'm glad you saved the American for me.
Loved seeing your builds and your art!

Latest posts

Back