Good New Music?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've all talked about the music we all like and listen to. I don't find much new stuff that really trips my trigger. What's some new stuff y'all like.

My wife got me the newest Foo Fighters for Valentines. I think I have a man crush on Dave Grohl. Amazing songwriter, musician and singer. I love how he can sing sweet, subtle stuff with a beautiful voice and then scream like a banshee seconds later. Listening with headphones, the production is thick and crystal clear. I like lo-fi stuff too, but the production on this is outstanding.

I also got Remedy by David Crowder Band. It's worship music that sound nothing like church music. David is really quirky and it show in his songwriting and instrumentation. His use of drum loops underneath is subtle and adds a lot to the songs. His songwriting is as transparent as ever and I always appreciate his staying away from standard CCM cliches and his melding of traditional hymns with nontraditional instrumentation and phrasing.

jeff

i'm a big time radiohead fan their new album is pretty fantastic, a bit spacey tho.

its not really new but i've been on a man or astro-man kick lately, they are scifi surfrock band.

Joshua85 said:
i'm a big time radiohead fan their new album is pretty fantastic, a bit spacey tho.

its not really new but i've been on a man or astro-man kick lately, they are scifi surfrock band.

I saw Man or Astro Man about 10 years ago live, they threw Hostess products into the audience. :mrgreen:

Ratdaddy, If you like non-churchy "church" music, check out Anberlin. good good stuff.

My tastes run the range from old timey bluegrass to Death Metal/Punk rock. Lately i've been really, really into the newest album by Brand New, they write some really catchy stuff...

Also if you guys want to listen to some streaming radio, check out http://www.pandora.com type in an artist, and it custom builds a radio station around that band. If you sign up (for free!) you can tweak it even more and mix artists for your station.

i really like the band Mewithoutyou. (christian rock)

also been listening a lot to Circa Survive. the singer has unbelievable vocals...

i have seen man or astro man numerous times, and my old band opened for them a couple of times :)
also, servotron... (man or astro man side project)

Not really new, but I've had Deerhoof's Milk Man CD in regular rotation. Also Lucinda Williams' West and The New York Dolls' One Day It Will Please Us To Remember Even This.

I recommend "Queens of the Stone Age" the new album "Era Vulgaris" is probly my least favorite out of the other 4 albums but still in rotation in my 6 disc in my car and top on my must-have list. (Songs for the deaf *feat. Dave Grohl* and Lullabies to Paralyze are my fav's)

I also like "Supergrass" a ton (theyre considered ?Brit-pop?), real good stuff tho, give it a try.

Radiohead and Lucinda Williams albums are both good spins too !!!

october said:
i really like the band Mewithoutyou. (christian rock)

also been listening a lot to Circa Survive. the singer has unbelievable vocals...

i have seen man or astro man numerous times, and my old band opened for them a couple of times :)
also, servotron... (man or astro man side project)

ooohhh man servotron i love em, in fact i think i just may listen to em now :p

If you're into punk, DEAD TO ME is a fantastic new group. Cuban Ballerina is a perfect soundtrack for the daily roadrage.

The last album from radiohead is excellent I also listen to Ministry last album.

Anybody that likes Radiohead, Queens of the Stone Age or DJ Shadow (or just good indie sound music with a bit of an electronic vibe) should check out UNKLE, specifically their first full length "Psyence Fiction" The music styles on it are all over the place, so you have to skim the whole disc if you don't like it at first, but it's one of the best things I have ever listened to.

I also really like Shellac, The ..... Lizard and Hammerhead. Those are all pretty loud but very under-rated / underknown.

I am a huge fan of Hurt and Tool
I cant wait til Spinnerette releases their cd its a new band fronted by Brody Dalle formally of the Distillers and was married to Tim Armstrong of Rancid
she is now married to Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age

CCR said:
skoda said:
UNKLE, specifically their first full length "Psyence Fiction"

bought it for the "rabbit in the headlights" w thom york

One of my fav's, wasnt that back in '99 ?

Yes, 99 or sometime around then. Their later albums are good also, but different from Psyence Fiction. Their lineup changed a lot from project to project.

Latest posts

Back