Goodbye Torino!-RESTORATION PICTURES!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Dad sold the torino wednesday night...took lots of pictures.
It sold to my uncle...so, ill see it again soon...Still Sad :(

The car was vandalized before my dad bought it from a friend's Friend. A bunch of kids broke into a barn, Broke the rear window, and the windshield. Smashed in headlights, bashed in mirrors. Dad never really got a chance to put money into it, or drive it. Its been around me for 10 years.

heres TONS of pics:
DSCF0455.jpg

DSCF0456.jpg

DSCF0457.jpg

DSCF0458.jpg

DSCF0454.jpg

DSCF0453.jpg

DSCF0452.jpg

Car had a repaint, so the paint on the hood isnt right. Some of the trim was missing, or not put on the car. Could have been in the trunk. The car was washed a few times.

Before Vaccuming:
DSCF0460.jpg

(i kept the wheel cover...plan to make bike grips)
DSCF0461.jpg

After
DSCF0467.jpg

DSCF0468.jpg

DSCF0462.jpg

DSCF0469.jpg

DSCF0485.jpg

DSCF0470.jpg

The trunk
DSCF0466.jpg

what was in it
DSCF0464.jpg

(Besides the torino GT parts i stole)

DSCF0473.jpg

DSCF0474.jpg

DSCF0476.jpg

DSCF0477.jpg

DSCF0482.jpg

Re: Goodbye Torino!

hey dingo, why didnt you buy it? and is it a real 429!!!! awsome car for a ford!

Well I guess if you had to sell it, then selling to a family member is a good idea. That way you could probably get it back someday. Hopefully the Uncle didnt buy it to just flip it.

A real 429 Cobra Torino should fetch a truckload on money. If it was restored... probably a semi-truck load!!

I saw a fully restored 71 Cobra 351 advertised for $25K and probably get it.

Right now I'm shedding a tear for YOU (and your Dad)!............One of my ALL time favorite cars. :cry:

KOTA said:
Right now I'm shedding a tear for YOU (and your Dad)!............One of my ALL time favorite cars. :cry:
Well, I shed lots of tears, I followed the trailer home on the way back to my moms house.

Dad just called today, Hes got the car 40% torn apart(probably more now)
I should be getting pictures anytime now.

I need to learn to drive a stick, i was told i can drive it when its done

TheFlyingDingo said:
I need to learn to drive a stick, i was told i can drive it when its done
I will fly to Michigan and personally TEACH you how to drive a standard, as long as it's in THAT car! :wink:

429 4speed cobra torino worth MEGA BUCKS. probably has a 3.50 posi traction rear end /staggerd rear shocks and 385 h/p engine. 8) :D

Here we go...heres my uncles pictures i said i was going to get, didnt get them until yesterday
DSC04066.jpg

DSC04067.jpg

DSC04070.jpg

hes got bumpers ETC. ETC. ETC. ordered for the thing allready...jeez

And i was told today:
The trailer my uncle hauled this thing home with, Was stolen from where he works.

Edit:
one more...missed this in the email
DSC04069.jpg

Rat Rod said:
Wow...you're Uncle has one sweet garage.

Would make restoring a muscle car a delight! :D
if i remember correctly...its a 4 car garage(2 wide...4 deep)

I should find some pictures of the past cars he has built,
And he built those in his old 2 car garage(which was more like 1, with all the stuff he had in it)

Theyre all mopar cars though

I find it odd that people will blur out the license plate of their car online, but it's in plain view for the whole world to see while you're driving. What gives?

My first car was a '70 GT with a 302, thanks for the flashback. :D Good to see it's gettin' a full resto.

voodoo curse said:
I find it odd that people will blur out the license plate of their car online, but it's in plain view for the whole world to see while you're driving. What gives?

Why tell a million theives where you live. While you drive only a few see it.....online everybody sees it. :shock:

Well, My uncle Ripped some more apart...ill get some pictures in a few minutes, they need to be downloaded to my phone onto photobucket...

He found out some weiiiiird stuff

Here we go
20090509213542.jpg

20090509213553.jpg

The seats were originally blue, A darker navy blue. The car originally had an AC, i think my dad knew this, but my uncle allready found the full AC setup from texas.

The car also had originally, Staggered shocks-As TNT said
tnt1 said:
429 4speed cobra torino worth MEGA BUCKS. probably has a 3.50 posi traction rear end /staggerd rear shocks and 385 h/p engine. 8) :D

My dad called the last owners, Looking for more parts...nothing

BUT they still have the 57 chevy my dad was eyeballing forever

That's awesome that your uncle is tearing into it so fast after it sat for years. Torinos are pretty sweet, if a bit overshadowed by other muscle/pony cars, I guess that makes them cooler!

Latest posts

Back