Gooey Syrup

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
iKBkI94.jpeg

Gooey Syrup is finished!

Started with an "Nirve Switchblade" type frame. Eventually found an incomplete fork. With many technical parts fabricated I got this thing back together.
Parts list:
  • Steel frame and fork which lay in a steel fabrication plant for over 10 years, collecting dust.
  • 26 inch wheels from an 346 Basman bicycle. 26x3.0 Ruff Balloon tires. Shimano CB-E110 type coaster brake and a Shimano Rollerbrake front hub.
  • Long steel fork with custom watercut and polished top crown which was missing. Custom made adapter on the fork that makes a drum/rollerbrake possible instead of a disc brake. The fork is freshly polished.
  • Zundapp moped handlebar clamps.
  • Front brake lever customized with an allen screw for that rough custom looks.
  • Custom lasercut and painted "Coasterbrake Strongarm"!
  • Paracord rear seat, a nice tryout.
  • Retro 80's front lamp.
  • 'M' for @MattiThundrrr chrome handlebars :rockout:
  • Ruff Cycles one piece crank 175mm with 'bones' chainring.
  • Chaincover mounted upside-down to accommodate the lines of the chopper bike.
  • Overall looks: This is a clean bicycle in near-new condition. But not too perfect, it is still a rider. Technically this bike is super-solid built.
  • Ride experience: Very smooth and does not feel heavy. Sudden sharp turns are lethal with this fork, danger adds to the ride experience!

Pictures:

Before:
h0LwDf1.jpeg

Evx5CUv.jpeg

Finished chopper bike:
AWOVIEy.jpeg

WEbJ4tv.jpeg

08JvdQx.jpeg

H56zgYP.jpeg

XiB4VLS.jpeg

tuJLm79.jpeg

UNhlUIX.jpeg

PEBsiOW.jpeg

oIOtgd1.jpeg

m9j1Z6l.jpeg

a9hpq20.jpeg

wFf8i2x.jpeg

1q1cr8r.jpeg

k1cpVXG.jpeg

Coasterbrake arm:
oMV2sMd.jpeg

DDTMph6.jpeg

Build Thread:
https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/gooey-syrup.115972/

Thank you for taking a look!

Let me know if you think another photo in the set is better to use for voting.

There are more ideas that I could execute on this build, but it rides and looks great, I certainly managed to build what I was envisioning with some help of the forum members.
Thanks for a great buildoff competition everyone!

Last edited:
Cool build BRE! Some really custom touches on here, that flipped chain guard is killer!

RaT oN~!

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the love! I appreciate you taking a look at my build entry.

Currently I am enjoying a week vacation with a campervan I rented.

Will certainly checkout all the builds and vote!

So sorry if replies are a bit slacking, every build deserves the attention.

iNTZf7T.jpg

Great chopper build. This looks great. Love the guard, strongarm, seat and headlight too.
BRAVO!

Latest posts

Back