Goose F1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Inspired by riding Palepainter's Haro F1 bike and wondering if a rangy person could ride a 26" wheeled version more effectively than a 20" wheeled version. This Mongoose Rockadile frame has been in the shed for about eight years, waiting for this moment. I took it out and wiped it down to ensure the frame was intact and here's my starting point:

20220916_121400.jpg

I like the name Rockadile. Never heard of that one before.
Rockadilly Boogy

Thanks Y'all!

Metalflake Charcoal paint restored and one more scrub inside the BB shell to nuke the light remainder of the rust that was there. NOS threadless chrome fork which had been sitting in a shop for several years cleaned up as well. I like charcoal/chrome just as much as black/chrome.

20221001_092919.jpg

I have the wheelset picked out already and it has Ukai rims to keep the BMX roots running.

Wait. You're building a Skinny with this? I'd think it was the perfect Gravel bike frame. But you do you...
Way too small for me to be a gravel bike. Beyond that, gravel riding is not something I'm keen on enough to have a bike specific for the task.

No progress on any builds last week because my brother was visiting. Back at finishing a couple of other builds today so I can get to this and other B/O plans.

Latest posts

Back