Got a couple ladies I need info on. -solved-

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The first is this Blue Columbia. Looks late 50's early 60's to me...the records tell me [1962]
This is what I copy/pasted from VintageColumbiaBikes in the lists.
"1962.……L205466 - L425743"

My Serial No. L291353
10801974_10205585062815580_812330908552011077_n_zpsd70284e4.jpg

Note the 3bar Rack is Part of the frame.
10885346_10205585050975284_2230502344162834843_n_zpsf3b17203.jpg

10422503_10205585048255216_7555271645751202963_n_zpse87981ea.jpg

10377540_10205585057575449_8877276084860698172_n_zps71c0683c.jpg

The second is this newer Schwinn Cruiser Seven frame.
Serial No. TY80700958
10489803_10205585046655176_7365559864011377740_n_zps87f9eddd.jpg

Yes, those are FLAT forks. I kinda like the style of them,but overall probably wouldnt get much use.
10868264_10205585045015135_2466962800539379883_n_zps69c09b4b.jpg

I got both of these from BRI-IN-RI as part of a bundle for my '39 "Miss Columbia". [Columbia Westfield]
I have taken pretty much everything off these I can use, and despite the Blue frame being of particular interest,
I haven't the room nor the seriousness at this time to get these particular frames back on the road where they Belong.

Any info helps. Thanks.

FZ

Last edited:
Generally ladies bikes are not as desireable as boys bikes. The boys version of this is not really collectible either but it is a cool and unique frame.

IMG_0733.jpg
The straightbar rack frame..tank and guard make this a really interesting piece. I was curious if Id run into a female on here of the same bike..
[little did I know..]
Well thank you. I appreciate that, and this neato photo of a really nice model.

FZ

Hi, I was not sure what the question was. Please PM me and let me know what you want for either of them. Is the word Bundle in the Dictionary or do you watch too much TV Pickers?
I have seen pickers, though Im not sure what you mean.
that you'd like them both?

I'm taking best reasonable offer right now, and if one doesn't come, I'll probably rebuilt the Columbia Eventually..

Do you have an interest in one more than the other? You're welcome to offer, no offence taken here, friend.

FZ

That boys' Firebolt would make a neat muscle bike. Bend that rack up to form a floating cantilever sissy bar. Throw on a banana seat, some big 'n' littles, and a set of radical handlebars. Hmmm...I wonder how that ladies frame would look with a twin top bar gender change?

Now see what you've gone and done?!

Last edited:
That boys' Firebolt would make a neat muscle bike. Bend that rack up to form a floating cantilever sissy bar. Throw on a banana seat, some big 'n' littles, and a set of radical handlebars. Hmmm...I wonder how that ladies frame would look with a twin top bar gender change?

Now see what you've gone and done?!
Just as I had intended ^.6

Gears now rolling, maybe this one ladies frame will see some RRB fame.
Any takers?

FZ

That's a pretty unique old Firebolt frame you have. It could be a great basis for something you definitely won't see at the mall.
I would build her as a rider. Maybe even with a Schwinn blade fork if I had one on hand.....and use any size front wheel I could find, and some apes and maybe some crazy metal flake, no.... flat black, no wait..... maybe a mellow pastel two tone....or.....no, yeah metal flake.... for sure, or....???!:39::cool2:
I'd suggest keeping her within eye shot, maybe put some wheels on and just let her evolve as budget and parts parts at hand might allow.

(edit: I just saw that you have the orig. fork, so Either/Or then)

This is an old download of what someone chose to do with theirs. Booooo...tsk...tsk!
(though I wouldn't actually mind having it around):blush:

Last edited:
That's a pretty unique old Firebolt frame you have. It could be a great basis for something you definitely won't see at the mall.
I would build her as a rider. Maybe even with a Schwinn blade fork if I had one on hand.....and use any size front wheel I could find, and some apes and maybe some crazy metal flake, no.... flat black, no wait..... maybe a mellow pastel two tone....or.....no, yeah metal flake.... for sure, or....???!:39::cool2:
I'd suggest keeping her within eye shot, maybe put some wheels on and just let her evolve as budget and parts parts at hand might allow.

(edit: I just saw that you have the orig. fork, so Either/Or then)

This is an old download of what someone chose to do with theirs. Booooo...tsk...tsk!
(though I wouldn't actually mind having it around):blush:
Wow! That sidecar is pretty simple and neat.. the welds look a little scary, but overall a really cool plan. Looking at the back of the Firebolt, It gives me the idea to panel the back end..but with what? ...

In any event, you're right.. it would make a pretty great Klunker if nothing else,given my other two are a little inconvenient for anything practical.
Thanks for the Opinion and Advice. I'll give it another toss in my mind..see what I have to fit it and find out where we are.

FZ

Hey FZ, Do you still have that cool Firebolt frame?
I was thinking it might look pretty sweet with Elgin skirt guards and maybe oh I don't know .......an Otasco drivetrain, Schwinn guard?
WBO maybe ?????:39:
Your other old bike already has those nice original wire skirt guards.;)
I can't keep up with all your post locations, so I'm dropping this friendly condensed note off here.
Over and Out :thumbsup:

Hey FZ, Do you still have that cool Firebolt frame?
I was thinking it might look pretty sweet with Elgin skirt guards and maybe oh I don't know .......an Otasco drivetrain, Schwinn guard?
WBO maybe ?????:39:
Your other old bike already has those nice original wire skirt guards.;)
I can't keep up with all your post locations, so I'm dropping this friendly condensed note off here.
Over and Out :thumbsup:

I sure do, and appreciate the thought, my only trouble is forseeing that i'll be able to afford the parts to make it a whole bike :p
I didnt really have the thirty to spend on the guards, but I couldnt pass those up for that price, given shape and place, but I am capable to trade and where that provides I get a little of this and a little of that, but its scarce here. Everyones after a quick buck.
The likelihood I'll have enough before the builds over to put on enough parts to complete a bike is a little slim, but Im keeping my hopes up with trades and seeing what I can put together from that..If I get close enough to complete, I might submit, and it would be the Firebolt in that instance, otherwise I was considering submitting the Columbia if that fits with the rules?

Thanks again for the post!
FZ

Latest posts

Back