got another falcon this one a wagon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check it out i like this one how it is

ebay028.jpg

ebay029.jpg

and the clutch broke in my 62 ranchero here is what my garage looks like right now
ebay022.jpg

karfer67 said:
and the clutch broke in my 62 ranchero here is what my garage looks like right now

UH! We could smell the clutch in your "burnout" video! :lol:

no actually i broke the clutch fork in half it has been getting weak for awhile and the other day it went pop. then it took out the throw out bearing and the pressure plate. no that video was totally normal :mrgreen:

I like it. I have always wanted to buy a 60's wagon or a 2 door like the Falcon's. I regret selling my Dodge Dart hardtop that I had in highschool.

That remindes me of Dads first family car.His was a '62 black w/red int. with woodgrain sides.

He traded in a Coral Pink '55 Sunliner Convt. for it.

thanks i have been looking for one of these for awhile. this one is a squier so originally it had the fake wood on the sides. i am not going to do too much to this one i kinda like the stock look maybe some stripes thats it

When our jobs at the trucking company ended a co-worker drove his Falcon station wagon back home to Arkansas where it died. He cut the top off of it, filled it with dirt and planted flowers in it. That was '82 and I'd bet it's still there today. 8) B607

I don't have enough fingers & toes to count how many of these I have cut up into pickup trucks because I was to poor to by an actual truck. They were the days.

just got done chasing the wires for the lights and turn signals yesterday. gotta love it when people think they know what they are doing. anyways now it seems that the generator is very weak something the previous owner did not tell me about ahhhhhhhhhhh. oh well atleast i got the clutch back in my 62 ranchero and that one is back on the road. much better than driving the saturn :lol:

My first car was a 62 Comet. Then I had a 65 Falcon 4 door and a 65 Fairlane 4 door much later on. These are all the same car basically, including the mustang. The other fords are different, like the galaxie. I used a lot of junkyard parts from the other cars that were the same. None of the junkyards had a good 3 speed manual transmission for the 6, so I actually rebuilt the one I had, using parts from a mustang transmission. That was the little 3 speed, first gear wasn't syncromesh, meaning you couldn't downshift intio first, you had to come to a complete stop. That's why it was easy to rebuild, not a ton of parts. Only the 6 cylinder engines got that transmission. Yours looks just like the one I rebuilt.

Ask me if you have any questions on the falcon. As a teenager, I broke and fixed everything on that car. I still have the big Chilton's manual 64-71 here somewhere.

yep and i found out that one of the teeth on the second gear is missing. that would explain the rattling sound when in second gear. oh well no more burnouts till i can find another trans i guess. or wait a second i am in first when doing burnouts right? so game on :D

Latest posts

Back