So it worked for an hour or so and again I'm getting the same messageIt's fixed now. I did find an issue. Give it a try.
Oh well... good that I have a spare account
If anyone objects we'll have to deal with it then
I'll just post the rest of the build. If anyone has objections - that's ok with me. We mainly just do it for fun & building bicycles, right?
The next thing I did was pretty stupid, and I just realised it after I did it :/
I had a Shimano HG-71 6/7/8 speed chain that I used on my daily driven gravel bicycle that I stupidly rode once in snowstorm. Ofcourse I didn't re-grease it properly and it corroded shut. Since I had to remove the corrosion from my 14T-32T casette that came with the rear hub I decided to do this:
Yes, that's vinegar... while the casette came clean & nice, the chain came out completely trashed. Links broke, came loose and all of the nickel plating was gone. Note to future self - vinegar & bicycle chains don't go well together. Good thing that I have a lot of those in my shop so I just took a new one from the shelf (one of the few new parts on this build).
Next step was the rear derailleur. I got the original setup of derailleurs & brake/shift handles that the bike came out with (The Shimano Acera M330) I wanted something more! I'm a freak when it comes to having more high-end stuff on my bikes so I found a completely trashed Shimano M591 rear derailleur.
I changed it for a new one for one of my clients. He made almost 30000 miles on this one and drove around half of Europe. The cheap Shimano Tourney was used as a donor of pulleys & pulley screws for it.
Just witness the pure destruction to the original pulleys...
Some cleaning, re-greasing, new pulleys from a donor and it should work perfectly!
After that I had to find some pedals and a crankset.
BB-UN23 bottom bracket that I found in of my Reusable Junk boxes, a TY-301 42-32-22 crankset that came from two sets - one had the left arm bent, the other had the pedal thread trashed on the right arm. Da Bomb platform pedals came of a dirt-cheap dirt bike that I bought this summer and rebuild for my girlfriends nephew. They're pretty ugly, but work just fine.
So came the time to slowly put it together.
Found some used V-brakes, and used Kenda Flame tires I took from my girlfriends GT (she got new ones ofcourse!). Size is 26x2.125 (57-559) and they fit perfectly in the frame. Not the tires I want for this bike, but for now they would have to do. Most of the outer casings are also used. Don't throw away, recycle!