got me a ducati!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you wont ever see me riding a crotch rocket, but i love old ducati's. (especially the smaller cc engines)
i was over the moon when i had a chance to purchase this 1960's ts 200 (turismo sport).

i believe this particular model was made for one year (1959-1960) i'm yet to find another picture of this model on the net. from what i can gather , its one of the rare ones.

its missing a couple side panels (breather box and tool box) and a chain guard but i think its otherwise complete.
IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1201-1.jpg

this little 200cc engine is a work of art!
IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1203-1.jpg

if your gonna do it, might as well do it right!

the tanks seen better days, but it does sport all its original decals and dealer sticker.
this one came from strawberry ave lewiston maine (schott motorcycle supply).
IMG_1199.jpg

the headlight is made by aprilla.
IMG_1196_2.jpg

so there it is. my new toy. i cant tell you how happy i am. i can't wait to get her going.
i ended up paying a grand for it. i'm not sure if i over/under paid, but it was something i just had to have.

anybody else got vintage motorcycles kicking around?
i'd love to see em!

Sweet! I love old bikes, have had a few over the years - but none left now. :cry:
Please post your progress on the new/old Duck! I've been wanting about a '77 SS for years now...

i was pretty much doing back flips when it showed up.

i had planned on purchasing the bike a month ago and the owner seemed to drop off the face of the earth. i figured he sold it and was just blowing me off. so when it showed up at my door a month later, it was a very big surprize.

I'll bet you did! I was just having another look at the pics...That bike has the gear shifter on the right? Is the clutch lever on the right also?

bikeriderx said:
I'll bet you did! I was just having another look at the pics...That bike has the gear shifter on the right? Is the clutch lever on the right also?

would be quite difficult to work a throttle and clutch one handed. :)
clutch lever is still on the left. i imagen there will be alittle bit of a learning curve when it comes to riding this baby.

I spent quite a few years riding old Brit-bikes, the difference is really pretty small. Occasionally when switching from one set-up to other, I'd end up engine braking during quick stops, which is probably better than lock-skidding anyway. As long as you go to all for corners in an emergency, it works. :wink:

I'll post whatever I find, but don't expect any museum pieces. I pretty much built them from the leftovers of my chopper-head friends.
(leftover bike parts, that is! :lol: )

Latest posts

Back