Got this for a pair of 24" Fenders

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey RRB! I don't know what this frame is! It's a 26" I have NOTHING. Not even bearings. The bike shop guy told me it was a huffy but I have my doubts. It looks as if it has no welds! Maybe they were grinned down? I couldn't find a number which is even more weird! Well here are the pics! :mrgreen:

5e5da166.jpg

1d24489e.jpg

a7d63c99.jpg

56bf189d.jpg

I am by no means an expert @ all, but mite be a snyder enterprises made frame.
Check left rear dropout for a faint "SE" with a circle around it.
Murry made similar frame too so who knows?

Definately a Ross. Those forks look Ross and the dropouts are a giveaway. The head tube probably has the holes like all my Ross frames have had. I had one similar to yours I traded awhile back. The serial number is on the bottom bracket, small digits, and starts with an "R". It should also have that metal lip on the bottom bracket.

67tp4k.jpg

s2a4c3.jpg

34odifd.jpg

Nice swap!

Is there a correct headbage? I was a little confused when I saw multiple holes.. I was going to paint it flat green and do some WWII themed lettering :D

Here's a Ross built bike I did for last year's buildoff contest. It was badged as a "Norwood".

Same frame. We decided it was mid 60's but can't get much closer than that.

rustrocket.jpg

rustrocket1.jpg

Twin top tubes are a sign of the Ross design. A few other builders did them too, a few Murrays and Huffy models had similar configurations.

rustrocket2.jpg

Sandblasted:

zeroframeblast.jpg

You can see the telltale frame hole as well.

zerofork6.jpg

The finished bike didn't come out too bad... feel free to email or PM here if you have any questions about any of the work I did on it. [email protected]

finished63.jpg

--Rob

Latest posts

Back