Gravity Racer brakes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am building my gravity racer for the Coaster's spring shoot out and I can't stop it yet.
It is a old riding mower chassis flipped upside down. I stripped out everything from the gearbox so it will roll freely. Now I need help figuring out how to stop this thing once it gets rolling. I am building it on the cheap, so let's hear some ideas. My thoughts right now are some simple paddles that would press against the tread of the rear tires.
d140ddce.jpg

thats how my old big wheel stopped, also had a soap box derby racer, it was fiberglass with a wood floor, there was a piece of 1x on a springed hinge mounted to the underside, when you stepped on the brake pedal a wire would pull the 1x down to the ground and drag, the end of the 1x had a piece of thick rubber so the wood wouldnt get torn up. i still think the wheel brake would be the better idea due to the weight.

parachute!

bed sheet, gromets and rope. even if it only slows you down a little, it will be cool as heck!
stick it in a small cardboard box, and throw it over your shoulder.

btw don't forget to paint your parting words on the cute.
gravity sucks! :lol: :lol: :lol:

magnesium plate on a lever. grind that sucker into the ground for cool sparks and stopping power.

udallcustombikes said:
My thoughts right now are some simple paddles that would press against the tread of the rear tires.
That's the first thing that came to my mind.

Wess' car has a pad that hit the ground. Think they're replacing the pad here. you get steering worked out yet?
IMG_0055.JPG

Latest posts

Back