Great Scott!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went looking at the dumps recycle shop for some 250mm PVC pipe for the sleeves on the Power drifter, when I spied this sitting in the bike racks,
At $15 I thought it was too good to pass up!
I done a quick wheel check for buckles..... There were none, frame looks to be straight but the seat and 1 handgrip were perished and melting.
Once home I found both tires were holding air.
The seats so high it could only be owned by some 6 footer plus and the only things steel are rusting, which is braking smalls and the chain indicating she's sat idle for some time.
I'm aiming for the record build time on this one in the skinny wheel build off.
How's this, a build in both off road and skinny's but ones called and F6 and the other a P6 LOL
PXL_20221125_212119010.jpg

Not too sure why this has happened, wrong cleaning agents maybe, or did it sit where it got baked in the sun everyday while waiting for the steel to rust. Then rained on.???
PXL_20221125_212143788.jpg
PXL_20221125_212152961.jpg

I have seen similar damage from a garage fire situation where the bike wasn't on fire but was in the vacinity close enough to the heat. Just a reminder such situations reduce all grease to a liquid and let's it run out so you may check all the bearings and make sure they have adequate lube as I do on every bike even new.

I have seen similar damage from a garage fire situation where the bike wasn't on fire but was in the vacinity close enough to the heat. Just a reminder such situations reduce all grease to a liquid and let's it run out so you may check all the bearings and make sure they have adequate lube as I do on every bike even new.
I havnt even touched any bearings or applied any grease, only WD40 on the chain before I took her out, I must say its the strongest fastest bike I own or have owned, brought back school day meme's when I was in the cycling club and raced on weekends, I had a hand me down 10 speed and was up against flash gear, never did any good but had a ball! But the memory of the skinny tires and hard rigid running fast bikes, thats what this bike's brought back, wow, i feel like training again and this would be the machine to spark the intrest!, it really does fly!
I did notice that when cleaning the wheels they were very hard n tuff, put together well and very light!.... the spokes were tight as, and the small hard tire's, maybe this attributes to the speedy feel, it literally wants to move away as soon as you sit on it, its quite cool!

Latest posts

Back