Greeting from newbie to hobby in Dallas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings from Dallas, I am new to the rat rod - vintage - cruiser hobby. It all started about a year ago when I was looking for a cruiser bike (not sure if I wanted new or old). I found a good deal on Craigslist for a New Belgium Fat Tire Bike and bought it. Then I started to mod that bike - added a Sturmey-Archer 2-speed kick-back hub, had Carver Surf Racks make me a rear bike rack to match the front basket that came on the bike, etc. But I wasn't satisfied, I needed to get an older bike. In looking for a vintage bike I found the RatRodBikes site - love it by the way.

I have been surfing RatRodBikes for a while but was too lazy to register until now. I went to the vintage bike swap meet in Hurst, TX this past October and bought a late 50's/early 60's Shelby Skyrider Deluxe and began modding it right away (ape hangers, baloon tires, rack, etc.). Then I went to the Vintage Bike Show at Don Johle's Bike World in Garland, TX later that month. There, I bought a Columbia built bike, apparently based on the 1955 Fire Arrow model (from fellow Rat Rodder "Henry Morgan"). The graphics on the tank reads "Viking" but no headbadge (a mystery)? That one is my "rat rod" in progress (stripped paint, added springer, added fenders & rack, etc.).

Vintage bikes & Rat Rodding is an addictive hobby and I am having a blast with it. I look forward to getting to know you, happy trails y'all.

welcome!

this hobby hits hard :D
before ya know it you will have a bazillion bikes in the garage and basement :wink:

junknutz1975 said:
welcome!

this hobby hits hard :D
before ya know it you will have a bazillion bikes in the garage and basement :wink:
And the lounge, the bedrooms, the back yard...

Luke. :roll:

Latest posts

Back