Greetings from Chicago

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
My name is Gil I'm 46 and I've been into bikes my whole life mostly BMX and mountain bikes... I had a mongoose IBOC that I purchased over 20yrs ago, put endless miles on it, kept it in great condition... Really got my money's worth out of it...
Until my daughter's boyfriend asked to borrow it, and you know the story, forgets it somewhere and it gets stolen... As much as I was heartbroken I knew he felt really bad so I just had to grin and bare it... That's the sad part...
The good part is he gave me this bike that he carried for like 2 miles (he's 17) it was in his backyard for who knows how long... I thought it was a nice gesture... So I took it apart cleaned it & painted it... I ride it 12miles back & forth to work... I posted a picture on Instagram and a fellow member told me about Ratrodbikes.com... I gotta tell ya seeing the bikes on here blew my mind.... I was hooked... I found out about all the vintage bikes out there and instantly made a wish list... So I guess it's true when one door closes another one opens... I've met and done business with really good people on here, and really looking foreword to adding my builds to the forum...
Frames I'm currently building...
Firestone monark
Westfield Elgin
Jc Higgins
Here's my bike that got stolen... It was a beast...

And here is the bike I was given...
I'm from Chicago so I went with a Chicago theme...
And some of my projects...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And when I told my wife about my intro this was her version...FRM:L C
MSG:I first became enthusiastic about bikes when I was a toddler, I jumped my
first ramp when I was 4, I stole my first bike
(Con't) 2 of 5
when I was 8 then I really
became involved in the bike scene when I fell in love with my banana seat 3
speed shifter all purple schwinn
(Con't) 3 of 5
bike. I lost my true love to a terrible
accident, i loaned my bike to my daughter boy friend, put up wanted &
reward posters
(Con't) 4 of 5
everywhere - I became obsesses with finding the perfect bike
for my tight butt and now I spend my nights and weekends hustling
(Con't) 5 of 5
the
streets for bike parts - the end ~(End)

Thanks for the welcomes everyone... Really looking forward to this summer... Building & riding... That's archer ave. but Cicero is the next light back...

Chicago looks like a fun to place to ride a bike. Cruisers for the most part are pretty impractical to ride where I live unless they either have gobs of gears or on the rail-trail.

Chicago is a really cool place to ride. We have a beautiful lakefront that go's from the southside of the city to the northside... With a spectacular skyline... I ride through all the different nieghborhoods that have so much different architecture that you can really enjoy from a bike ride point of view...

Latest posts

Back