Greetings from Kansas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everybody!
I've always liked vintage stuff no matter what it is, but the vintage bike bug got a hold on me and here I am. It started out with a causual mention by my wife last Spring (Spring 2011) that she would like to have one of those "old-fashioned bikes with a coaster brake and NO speeds" (iow...a cruiser). I tried to come up with something by her birthday in July 2011, but things don't move that fast in the vintage bike word I'm finding. Unhappy with anything off the shelf, I started collecting vintage bikes to restore since last summer (unbeknownst to her). A couple of weeks ago I scored a 1953 Schwinn Panther that had been sitting beside a older gentleman's shed for the past 25 years or so. It's rough, but I know now that it's time to begin restoring. In all, I have eight bikes, five of which are vintage bikes that I want to restore; I have lots of question and will need lots of guidance.

First thing I need to do is figure out how to post a pic on this forum using the Img button. I'm not normally this computer illiterate. Perhaps someone can help me with that. I don't even know what a couple of these bikes are, but I'm sure someone will, once I can get some pics posted.

Thanks jalopyjimmy13, and thank you Randy for the pic post procedures. I am over east of you in Pittsburg, Ks, otherwise known as Poverty County, where vintage bikes are hard to find because nobody here could ever afford them in the first place. Makes it extra challenging.

I worked in Wichita for eight months over on Hoover Road; had an apartment at 41st and Seneca. Loved it there.
Thanks, too, for the link to Coasters; I knew they had at least one big bike swap meet there in Wichita every year. I think they also have a big auction or sale of some sort for boats, wave runners, and other water toys. I keep wanting to out there for that. Vintage boats is one of my other passions.

I need lotsa parts and advice; I don't really mind if people in bike circles know my email address. I've scored hard to find boat parts because somebody found my email address on a forum months after I posted it. Use [email protected].

Thanks again for the pic link.

Bruce

KS_BikeGuy said:
I am over east of you in Pittsburg, Ks, otherwise known as Poverty County, where vintage bikes are hard to find because nobody here could ever afford them in the first place.

Well, I found out why vintage stuff is so hard to find in your area.... Looks like you got a guy in Oswego that bought up everything within a 100 mile radius.

http://stores.ebay.com/Bicycle-Bones-Classic-Bicycles?_trksid=p4340.l2563

I personally invited him to come to our swapmeet, said he rarely gets to go to swaps, but would keep us in mind.

Latest posts

Back