Greetings from NorCal!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I justify my user name of "Old Skool Mule" by the fact that I actually had the c-o-o-l-e-s-t-!!! Schwinn Stingray when I was a kid in the 1960`s. My parents purchased it new from some dept. store and passed it off as being "from Santa". THE ultimate tough kid bike! My Stingray:stock 3-speed model w/stick shifter on frame,original Schwinn Stingray Green color,cream banana seat and rubber handlebar grips,sissy bar and (of course)matching green tassels on the ends of the white rubber grips. I was the envy of the neighborhood!

Picked up a used Huffy cruiser style bike at a neighbor`s garage sale for $15.00 just as a cheap-o beater bike.My buddy has most of the parts `n pieces I`ll need to make her road worthy again(tubes,tires,reflector set,lights,foam grips).

As there are some solid,well-built,and inexpensive Cruiser-style bikes to be had from Wal-Mart,etc. I`ll most likely keep the $15-wonder as a backup or gift it to someone.It`ll be cheaper and easier to simply purchase either a NIB Ocean Pacific Cruiser,NEXT La Jolla cruiser,or troll craigslist for a new/used cruiser.

Very cool website! Look forward to learning lots from you RatRodBikerz.

OSM

Welcome to RRB! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the friendly RatRodBikes-invite,Fireproof. I`ll have to take a rain check for about a month or two due a forced placement in lieu of layoff (CDCR,DJJ facility closure)-which means getting adjusted to a whole new facility/logistics,FAST learning of core security/admin. protocols,adapting to a completely different teaching/classroom model,and all those CHANGES!...ack...5.5yrs working with youthful offenders/minors (15yrs-21yrs)then BOOM literally overnight(1st day tomorrow,7/1/11 !) our "students" will be all adults.

Sorry....running off at the mouth,here. Why didn`t I just say,"Rain check of 2 months due to changing jobs and place of employment." ??

Also,I need to get my fat butt into some kind of better shape before I dare any social bicycle activities. Definately something I will be joining you all in before long.I`m in Lodi so Sac. would be fine. Also got a bike bud in Elk Grove.

Thanks!
O.S.M.

Hello and welcome! Don't be bashful, come ride with us when you have the opportunity! The Second Saturday rides are the most laid back thing you have ever done. And don't forget about Cyclefest! :wink:

Welcome from Manteca !! Lived in Lodi for few years, probably about 18 years ago..ever ride Lodi lake bike trail ? Me and a buddy ride them occasionally...So what line of work you in that makes you change like that ?

Latest posts

Back