Greetings from Oregon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyGold

Epic Level Bike Hoarder! 🏆
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hi all,

I've been lurking off and on for years. Since I'm strongly considering participating in the ORBO, I figured I should introduce myself :).

I left bikes behind just before turning 16...the freedom and power of the automobile consumed me completely. Before that, life was all about the bikes. I wasn't a rich kid, so most of my bikes consisted of throw-away, or dirt cheap garage sale, frames built up with scavenged...and occasionally even new (Western Auto)...parts. I was into mostly stingray, and stingray clone, bmx conversions long after they were cool anymore (late 70s to mid 80s) as most kids I knew had Mongeese, Diamondbacks, Redlines, and the occasional Hutch or Ripper.

Fast forward a few decades, and my interest started to reinsert itself. I've been accumulating bike parts with little to no sense of purpose for the last few years. A couple of riders, but mostly a lot of 'projects'. I'm desperately trying to push myself into starting...and maybe even finishing, some of those projects. I figure that joining ORBO might be just the motivation I need.

Wish me luck!
Jason

Last edited:
Thank you deorman! I think we share an appreciation of all things klunk :). I took a journey through the 'show us your klunkerz' thread, and appreciate your posts there...your bumps helped keep that thread going a long time. More klunkers!

Jason

welcome,this site is so cool as there is a variety of forums to go in but they are all cool and can relate to the whole rat/muscle/retro/classic/custom scene,even tho we all have different idea's of style/looks we all get along even with the boundaries of different countries,we are united by the love of two wheels

Welcome and good luck.
Whereabouts in Oregon? I lived in Corvallis about a decade ago.

Lebanon if I remember right was the closest walmart at the time. Only went there once. I lived in Corvallis and worked in Albany at the freeze dry factory, that's pretty much where I stayed.

I might go through there this summer, as for some reason my wife wants to see some of the places I use to live.

Lebanon if I remember right was the closest walmart at the time. Only went there once. I lived in Corvallis and worked in Albany at the freeze dry factory, that's pretty much where I stayed.
Funny stuff. Lebanon has a 'Strawberry Festival' every June...I had been telling people for years that they should have a WalMart Festival, because there are very few strawberry fields in the area, but WM was packed all the time as there weren't any others for 80+miles. WalMart brings more money, and people, to town then any strawberry field ever did around here :).

Now there are WalMarts in just about every town in the area (except Corvallis, as they would never allow such a corrupting influence into their fair community). Its funny that living here 10years ago, and Lebanon is mentioned...first thing you identify it with is WalMart...good stuff :bigsmile:.
I might go through there this summer, as for some reason my wife wants to see some of the places I use to live.
When I took my family to Disneyland for the first time, I took them to see my old haunts. All the places I used to live down there were a bit sketchy when I was there...they were downright scary when I took the family through.

Oregon is a beautiful state with lots of naturey bits to enjoy...but if she isn't into the nature stuff, she'll probably be bored anywhere south of Portland.

Jason

She'd hate Portland, got myself a country girl.

And yea, after 10 years walmart. Bout the only thing there at the time.

Back