Greetings from St. Louis

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didn't know what a rat rod was until last Sunday. Brothers and sisters, I am hooked. Monday I got my dad's old bike that he thought he would ride when he retired but didn't out of my moms garage, slapped some balloons on it. Got a squishy new seat and ordered some nice retro handle bars for it. It's a 1990's schwinn frontier mountain bike. Kind of homely in its native form, but I plan on giving it a bit of style. The graphics on it were dreadful so I covered it with red duct tape... Not too noticeable unless you're up close. Someday I'll paint it. I have several friends who are serious spandexy cyclists and when I was asking them questions they were hoping I was becoming one of them.....the wont even see it coming.
The cool thing is, I can justify all this futzing around with bicycles by telling my wife it's a way to get into shape. I'm a 42 y/o father of 2 who really does need to drop a few. This hobby will help AND let me express my self creatively.
Who could ask for anything more!

Back