Greetings from the California Central Valley

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Rat Rod - what a cool forum!

A friend introduced me to the Mongoose Beast and after a search of mods that one can do, I found this site and bought one of the last ones from Walmart.com.

See, I shot myself in the foot when I moved to a small town in Central California. I used to be an avid mountain biker and I loved the hills. Now I'm 45 minutes away by car from the nearest mountain. So disgusted was I looking at my expensive race bike collecting dust in the corner -I sold it back to the manufacturer, who wanted it in their collection (classic Ibis).

I still wanted something to ride to the running track near my house. It's just too far to walk, and just too close to drive (plus gas $$ and sweaty clothes). Long story short - a custom cruiser is exactly what I'm looking for.

It only took me a day to have it stripped and repainted. I'm still waiting for my rise handlebars and alloy pedals to arrive. I plan to ride the heck out of it.

Oh, I also repainted my Ibis trials bike a while back - people think it's "gangsta".

Yes, it came with those different sized wheels. It's a very specific bike from the 80s, made for balance and getting over obstacles like park benches, boulders, and hay bales without putting a foot down. They had some "best of both worlds" reasoning for the different sizes -rolling over things and short wheel base.

Latest posts

Back