Greetings to all "RAT RODDERS" from Greece.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Respect to all "RAT RODDERS" for each, of their individual ideas,dreams and technical innovations.

Ideas and Dreams, that embody the personal expression of creativity, engineering effort and hard personal labor combined with Endless hours of customizing / cutting / welding / ..... and so on, blended all together, with memories and nostalgia of a long forgotten but beloved past, lost somewhere in the corrupted and obscene fast paces of modern day.
All of these acts who result in an authentic:

"PURE MECHANICAL ART OF A HIGH LEVEL"

About myself:
Nothing special, and a long story to be told. In brief, I grew up, in a society that was moral and stepped on the values of the 50's and 60's, learning from early on my life to respect individuality and pay tribute, to the things that, really matter in life. In the age of 14 I got my first "real" bike a 1941 BISMARCK of the German army(a story of pure coincidence), and after that I grew in the age of 19 to be among the top restorers of Greece and restored over 28 bikes.I study at the
technological institution of Chalkida in the automation department for 2 years now.

Personal interests:
Music (large vinyl collection)/Movies/Art/Swimming/Cycling/Books(large collection) and Women (especialy redheads)

Proud owner:
-------------------------------Vintage/antique*------------------------------
1941 Bismarck (GER) millitary bicycle - (Very special to me) -
1942 Williams (BR) millitary messenger bicycle
1920 Goriche (GER) millitary bicycle
1938 Rehala Standard (CZEC)
195? Falter (GER)
194? B.S.A (BR) (extreme/over the top "rat rod" as you might refer to it)
1945 Triumph (BR)
194?-1950 Raleigh (BR) 4 of them
-----------------------------------Various------------------------------------
1932 Phillips (BR) boardtrack racer
195? Gessal (CZEC) circus/trick bike
1984 Raleigh Burner BMX (about to be customized hard)
1983 GT performer BMX
1994 HARO shredder BMX
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1959 Royston (FR) "mixtie" simply Chopped and customized as a "lowrider" "BMX" ...That
believe it or not fished out of the harbour using a hook!!!
Fully custom made with my bear hands "Boardtrack"/Vintage cruiser

And of course various piles of mechanical junk and countless NOS parts and spares.

*All these bikes are the same type/design with wide fenders 28",1/2" x 1",1/2" wheels and double top tubes, and i would love to learn in witch else places of the world these bikes exist till now(Turkey,India and around the Balkans)

P.S. Sorry about the long intro for your patience i will reward you with some pictures feel free to post comments and tell me about likes and dislikes of the bikes. :D

Lowrider racing BMX :p

27062010375 by kkoundouris

02072010384 by kkoundouris

02072010385 by kkoundouris

02072010386 by kkoundouris

02072010387 by kkoundouris

02072010388 by kkoundouris

Boardtracker 30% done started August 2008 :mrgreen:

Custom frame made from galvanised steel - all the front half, the rear half is from a steel mountain bike, Straitened by hand racing bike forks, Lepper Holland "concorde" saddle, Handlebars made from 2 80's BMX seat posts and a normal mountain bike handlebar drilled to match and bolted together with fat stainless nuts and bolts, custom reverse brake levers.

Wheels and paint are temporally. Wheels are 28",1/2" x 1",1/2". plans are a custom gas tank that follows the lines of the frame, and a custom springer fork made using the existing fork as the front section and a vintage strait fork as the rear section, for the springs i will use the front fork springs of HONDA cub 50cc moped chopped and made to fit(it will look like a classic Monarch fork but way better...).

27122010488 by kkoundouris

27122010486 by kkoundouris

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/57663820@N06/5365546939/]
5365546939_193a00b1dd.jpg
[/url]
27122010487 by kkoundouris

27122010485 by kkoundouris

27122010484 by kkoundouris

Fireproof said:
hello and welcome from California!
Thank you very much, hope I'l be nice "Rodder" :D

Anyone can throw a credit card at parts to build a bike, but to find the parts , and build with your heart, thats a RATROD !!!!

<<Whatever you can not buy, build it yoursef!!!>>

Cool little blue bike. It has a great look that just keeps me looking.

Good to see bike building inspiration alive and well in Greece.

cman said:
Cool little blue bike. It has a great look that just keeps me looking.

Good to see bike building inspiration alive and well in Greece.

Thanks a lot, that bike has a story... named "OUT OF THE DEEP"

Very popular to ages from 8 to 15... older ones make fun of it.

Fished out of the harbour,converted from a racing "mixtie" to a
"lowridinbmxracemuscledragbike". - Super Special Awesome
''''YES I THINK LIKE A 5 YEAR OLD''''

Unique in every aspect.

Telescopic forks from a child bike, MAG GT wheels, Front tire 20x1,1" Rear tire PRIMO 20x1,9"
both slick. GT handlebar and suspension seat post. Other parts came from junk.

About to be painted with a nice sea blue colour other parts will be painted black matte.

<< SOMEONE'S JUNK CAN BE TURNED INTO SOMEONE ELSE'S ART>>

Thank all, for your warm welcome,
I hope eyeryone, will be kind enough to express,
their personal opinions for my bikes.

So i could, gather various information from others in order to make them better .

Latest posts

Back