Greetings

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hi. My name is rob; I'm from South Jersey. I'm glad I found this site, although I'm not entirely sure I'm in the right place. My cycling interests have tended to run towards mountain bikes and frankenbike creations for commutes; I like fenders, drum brakes, old stuff, singlespeeds, wheel-size experiments, the occasional fixed gear. Never cared much for cruisers and their ilk, but recently, I've discovered a love for Worksman bikes. Got a few schemes in mind: a klunker-inspired build off the m2600, a LGB/cycle truck, maybe a roadstered-out INB. Can't make my mind up as to which i oughta tackle first. I get the idea that much of what ppl post on here has more to do with radically modified vintage bikes, but i wanna support the few remaining US-made *affordable* companies, so i'm more drawn to tinkering with new stuff.

Still, having looked around your site, I have to say i'm impressed with a lot of the bikes on the "builds" and "photos" sub-forums. Seems like a great place, replete with positivity and support. I hope I have some interesting stuff to contribute in the near future.

regards,
-rob

Welcome! :) No matter what you ride, you should find plenty of acceptance around here. There are a lot of vintage bikes and cruisers here, that is true, but the more you look around you will find alot more. I originally thought it was just the rat rod bikes and cruisers, which is what I was looking for, but I find there are other types of bikes that I find myself checking out repeatedly. Good luck with your build and if you have any questions, just ask, there is surely someone here that knows what you need to know. Once again welcome and happy building.

thanks for the responses, clamdigger and someguy83. Once i'm done some of my current projects, i think i'm gonna start on a worksman m2600; they got good deals on the complete without wheels and tires. This is the "tall" industrial worksman, with the two horizontal straight top-tubes and the 20" seat-tube.
WorksmanM2600TallCruiser.jpg

I have a set of SA drum hubs; a plain front and a freewheel SS rear. I figure i'll lace those to some downhill disc wheels, throw on some fat knobbies, and replace the bendy wald seatpost with a solid round piece of 13/16" 6061 aluminum. see how the trails like it, then prolly play around with the stem/bars/saddle. seeing billy savage's movie inspired me, and i saw he actually posts on here-- how cool is that?

so, yeah, i reckon i'll grab the frame and all before they sell out, then prolly drag my heels on the rest of the project until i free up some cash. i'm hoping to get some advice/support on here!

-rob

Latest posts

Back