Grillin Time

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Been thinking about getting a new charcoal grill before the busy season hits (when the A/C gets turned on). Got your standard dometop Weber right now but the coals are about a mile away form the food so you either cook it longer or burn up the charcoal. Just wondered what everybody else likes.

Oh yeah ! A buddy from work bought one of those when the hardware store started selling them around here, bit spendy for my needs but I will admit I'm jealous :)

I went through several charcoal grills before I found the Char-Griller Pro sold at Lowes. I am satisfied with it. Good value for the investment. uh-oh is this the start of the ratrod grill off ?

Got my grill
redneck_grill_3.jpg

Just make sure to have a reliable fire alarm
firealarmjiffypop.jpg

Might even get excited and fill up the pool
RedneckSwimmingPoolC.jpg

Might wanna cut the grass too
redneckridingpusher.jpg

CCR said:
A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Out here we do Oak pit BBQ's The Best !

dont think i know what this is about, is it like campfire grilling or a hole in the ground type thing ?

A bit different than just grilling , oak pit bbq's are built out of steel and can range from a small 2x3 ft to a sometimes 5x8 ftx 3 ft deep pit with a grill that you can raise and lower to adjust the heat , here in Ca. its pretty common to see them on road side eatery's or back yard functions , people here cook with Oak, Almond wood and also some fruit wood varieties , very very tasty !! mmmmm good :)

Do you want a Grill or a Smoker?

If you want a grill, I suggest that you find one made with at least 1/4 inch steel. Pricey, but last a lifetime, and you can control the heat with thick metal. I have an early model of an Oklahoma Joe's horizontal smoker which I use for my grilling.

My OK Joes':

90113864.jpg

For smoking, you can hardly beat a UDS. I built mine. I smoked a turkey on it for Easter. Here's my blog with step-by-step build.

http://www.uglydrumsmoker.blogspot.com/

Latest posts

Back