Grunt (son of Kaiju)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That bike makes me smile each time I see it. I even checked the 'net for Mongoose Pugs...
Thanks. A guy I know was tossing it off like it was nothing he'd ever mess with and I got the idea in my head as soon as I saw it. He gave it to me and I've had it stashed for almost a year. I try to do something on one of my builds everyday even if it's just a tweak to the bars. I put a double dinger on it today.
IMG_20221026_191751.jpg

Last edited:
It almost looks like a fade to light blue on the bottom of the tubes because of the silver peeking through. The pink is a bold statement, I thoroughly approve.
Pink overall, blue underbelly and a softer salmon on the sides. Masking next...

Gotta match Kaiju somewhat...
IMG_20221108_163928.jpg

I'm waiting to see which one looks better when they're both finished. The same colors and similar schemes, so we'll see. I may have to bring in some more blues to get the rims matching it's scheme on Grunt because they're a nice anodized looking blue.

So I pulled off the masking and just dusted it with some blues...
IMG_20221108_203409.jpg

Still need to strip the fork but the easy part of this colorization is done. Time to get nitty...

Last edited:
Guess what. I do not like the paint at all. But I'm putting it back together for Thanksgiving cuz grandkids will be here and they'll probably get a kick out of it.
IMG_20221120_173534.jpg

After that I think a darker bluer blue to get close to the rims and some marbling with the cream/off-white.

Just finished snowblower, shovel and sweeping the church walks off. Corner lot on a small city block so only about an hour. Dressed warm enough to sweat in this subzero chill, so I did a quick hot lap on the Grunt. Fun fun, short wheelbase will make you turn nose in and slide out from under you if you're not careful. But bouncing off the ground only hurts your ego when you're layered up in Carhartts.
IMG_20221224_142320.jpg
still have decals to apply and a shifter cable. But that's a whole nuther story and it's Christmas Eve so I gotta get ready. My band is playing a couple tunes in church this evening and I'm also in an acoustic trio playing Silent Night by candlelight on my 12 string. Merry Christmas y'all. 🎄

This is the coolest build that I have seen in quite a while. Well done, brother!
I appreciate that. It actually wasn't that hard once I had the piece of frame to weld on top of the Pug and the whole thing came to me in a moment of clarity. I thought this needs to be taller so I can ride it.

IMG_20230114_160909.jpg

Fun to ride but I still don't like all of the paint. I do like the lighter blue and the faux marbling so you know in the spring - if and when I'm up for it - I'll be repainting it again. lol and the shifter? Actually it's good in 3rd gear for all around riding which is a good place for it to be in my mind, so that at some future point in time - when I find the shifter - it's got up and down, torque and speed gears... I'm just happy my "proof of concept" was a success.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back