gt bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok guys i need some help here ...my buddy has a 90 something gt bike he wants 2 sell ...he seems 2 think its worth 300 bucks ...what do u guys think ? its in decent shape has a small dent in the top bar ..by the blue sticker ..he says he has the original tires ..not that that really matters ..does it ? ok here it is !!! thnx guys !!! mike
007.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

a saying my dad has taught me is,"you make your money when you buy something, not when you sell"

so if your buying this cause you want it, id say no more than a 100 bucks, if your buying that because your "buddy" is trying to sell it to ya, give him 50 bucks, that way if you choose to sell it, you could not loose any money on it. just my 2cents.

billy i dont want it ..but he seems 2 think its worth 300 bucks is all im sayin ...i said i didnt think it was !!! i said id put it up on here and see what ppl had 2 say ,...he could have sold it at the pawn shop for 150 i guess ,sounds like he should have sold it there huh !!!! mike

I hear that a lot, I always ask "Why didn't you sell it?". Realistically with the decals missing, dent in the top tube, missing front brake, slight rust starting to form, exc. It's worth $50-$100, If he found someone really desperate for that bike $150 but no way $300. Maybe in 20 years if it was in the same condition.

deorman said:
If it was still new-in-box and kept in dry storage it might be.
Even then it'd be a stretch, the box would have to be in good condition too..... :mrgreen:

That bikes not worth $300 bucks!! People hear its a GT and think its gold.Its a 90s GT that noone wanted and they sell for cheap.Its got a Taiwann stem,single wall unsealed wheels,one piece cranks,mis matched tires and the bike is high tensile steel.more of a boat anchor than a bmx bike.

bikejunkie said:
That bikes not worth $300 bucks!! People hear its a GT and think its gold.Its a 90s GT that noone wanted and they sell for cheap.Its got a Taiwann stem,single wall unsealed wheels,one piece cranks,mis matched tires and the bike is high tensile steel.more of a boat anchor than a bmx bike.
Ouch that's harsh, true but harsh. There are a few collectors that still like them and by few I mean few. Around here $100-$150 if you're lucky.

i bought one of these local for $60 last year. mine had mags though. guy started it at $300 on craigslist, sat for a month lol.

hey bike junkie ...i hear ya man ...i tried tellin him it wasent worth that much ...but he was awful sure it was ...i dont want it anyway !!!

In perfect shape it's worth maybe $100.

The wheels alone are worth more than the rest of the bike.

Serious. You could maybe get $100 for the wheels.

If he had it plated in 24K gold then it might be worth $300 but as it sits NO WAY!

mikesbikes36 said:

Let me just see the "BEST case scenario" on this here.
Wheels......................................$50, If you got REALLY lucky $75
Frame / fork...............................$50 tops
crank........................................$5
pedals.......................................$5
seat, post and clamp......................$10 max
gyro, cables, and brakes..................$10 max
bars IF they are GT stamped.............$15
GT Malet stem thread-less................$15 if you're lucky
GRAND TOTAL..............................$160 MAX
and to do that you'd have to clean everything to doctors office standards, and waiting for about 3 years for everything to sell. Not worth it.

mikesbikes36 said:
man i totally agree its not worth that much ...i tried tellin him that ..oh well some ppl think they have gold !!

Let me just see Lonewolf's "BEST case scenario" on this here.
Wheels......................................$50, If you got REALLY lucky $75 ( I'll go with this here)
Frame / fork...............................$0 tops
crank........................................$0
pedals.......................................$15
seat, post and clamp......................$0 max
gyro, cables, and brakes..................$0 max
bars IF they are GT stamped.............$0
GT Malet stem thread-less................$-50 (because GT stuff sucks-especially the stems)
GRAND TOTAL..............................$40 MAX

Gts suck. Street GTs suck worse, old street GTs that look like rusted Wal mart bikes suck even worse than that.

Not saying all GTs suck. They don't. In recent years they have made some very interesting bikes. This ain't one.

Latest posts

Back