Gt rapid transit

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
got this last weekend. I really like the nexus internal geared hubs, and this was at a good price. really cool seller even discounted the sale price, as he said it needed a seat and tires. so when I got it home, I saw the wheels were taller than on one of my 26"ers, and so it has a 700 c wheelset. doing some research on tires, it has 700 X 35 on it now, so would 700 X 32 be a narrower tire, and 700 X 38 wider?

Attachments

• IMG_0737.JPG
    IMG_0737.JPG
    440.4 KB · Views: 328
Yes...all 700c tires have a bead diameter of 622mm, but the second number denotes the nominal width, also in mm. The higher the number, the wider the chicle, provided all other factors remain the same.

29" tires also share the 622mm bead seat, but have a significantly larger overall diameter due to their cross-section. Always double-check the tire size on GT bikes, as some older models used very unusual 700D rubber that are nearly impossible to find today.

Last edited:
Nice Find! I never knew GT made a cool hybrid like this.

I wonder if this is one of Pacific bicycles early attempts at expanding the GT line.

Latest posts

Back