Guv'nor wannabe finished - pics in Bike Gallery "Geezer"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've loved The Pashley Guv'nor since the first time I saw a pic of one, but seeing as they retail for around $2500AU, I'll never have one, as I could never justify spending that kind of money on a single bicycle.

So........I picked up a 50's Malvern Star frame and fork from a scrap place for a dollar about 6 months ago, then found a NOS Sachs Torpedo Duomatic hub (I love this hub!!) a few weeks ago and had a set of 700c wheels built. The bars are Soma Noahs Arc, and the cranks are off an old road bike. Tires are cream Schwalbe Delta Cruiser 700c x 35 (Man, they get dirty quick!).I have a honey Brooks B17 on the way as well as a set of honey leather grips.

I wasn't going to post any pics until the bike was finished (I'm going to have it powder coated gloss black and polish up all the alloy), but I've been riding it for a couple of days to iron out any bugs before it gets stripped down, and it is just sooooo nice to ride. I'm really, really really likin' the 2 speed kickback hub.
I'll post the finished pics in a few weeks when I get it back from the powder coaters and back together.
Did I mention I really like the hub :D .

IMGA0453.jpg

IMGA0454.jpg

Dirty tires :(
IMGA0451.jpg

Re: Path Racer (Pashley Guv'nor wanabee)

Yeah, this bike is gonna kick major butt with a black frame and honey seat/grips! I love the Pashleys too, but they're practically the Rolls Royce of that kinda bike. Even if I had the money, well I'd think about what sweet vintage ride I could get for that! ~Adam

Re: Path Racer (Pashley Guv'nor wannabe)

Wow, I have been walking around for a week thinking about doing the exact same thing! It looks like yours is really working out, good stuff!

Sorry to see the tires get dirty like that, I might opt for white walls instead, altough the beige ones do look really classy.

Keep us posted,

Jeroen

Looks great!

The Honey coloured brooks accessories will really set it off, but I'd hold off on the paint (at least untill you see it with the Brooks stuff, I think the honey might go well with that particular patina you've got), maybe just find a more distinctive or vintage set of pedals, and call it done (just my opinion).

onelesspedestrian said:
Looks great!

The Honey coloured brooks accessories will really set it off, but I'd hold off on the paint (at least untill you see it with the Brooks stuff, I think the honey might go well with that particular patina you've got), maybe just find a more distinctive or vintage set of pedals, and call it done (just my opinion).

Thanks onelesspedestrian.
I briefly thought about leaving the frame as is and fitting a set of black tires, but I've got my heart set on black. I've got a set of cool MKS pedals to go on it as well.

Haha, one of your fellow site members is practically obliged to make a "don't paint it" comment.... and I noticed that hadn't been done yet :wink:
It will look great in black as well. Good to hear you have cool pedals lined up.

Looking good, I really dig these sort of bikes. I ended up building my Jc Higgins gentleman's cruiser since the pashley is so expensive!

Back