GWAR!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im a fan from Way back....saw 'em several times...Crazy!!!
I saw them at a Fangoria Weekend of Horrors once, before they got into the costumes and make up. Ugly and permanantly blood stained!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ill admit im not the biggest gwar fan, but its awesome for what it is, ever seen the movie EMPIRE RECORDS, where Gwar starts talking to the stoner guy through the TV and then he gets sucked in and eat'n by the drum kit monster thing. and I remember seeing them on Jerry Springer too a billion years ago. They know how to put on a show thats for sure !!!

I've seen Gwar a bunch of times, and the first was the best. It was at this shady little skate park/punk rock venue in the middle of the ghetto that got shut down a few months later when someone was stabbed to death. I was about 16, and they had their full lineup, what an amazing show! But, I gotta say after Slymenstra and Sleazy P. Martini left the band, their live shows definitely suffered. I haven't seen them in about 8 years now, but I heard Sleazy is back. I'd give them another shot.
Oh, and that skatepark reopened after about 6 months, and someone was shot (and lived) there less than a week later. That was the end of it. It was a shame. I saw some amazing shows there, Warzone, Murphy's Law, Agnostic Front, Mephiskapheles, Gwar (of course), The Toasters, and the Wretched Ones to name a few. Our punk scene took a huge hit when they closed down.

i dont own a single gwar album, but i've seen em more times than i can count on my fingers and toes.
never thought em to be much of a band, but man they always put on a good show.

still waiting for em to hit broadway. :) :p :)

Latest posts

Back