Half a Lugi

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well the red hot Tabasco Lugi kind of sputtered out. My plans where to build a aluminum tank, "Moon" disks for the wheels and maybe even an aluminum bodied sidecar... But It just wasnt in the cards this year, not enough time to do much of anything... So the Lugi is not really "done" but she is put together and a heck of a sweet riding bike. She is my new fave for trips to the store. She is not gonna score any votes or impress anyone... But hey I like her. The pictures even suck but I am headed out of town till Monday so I figured I best get at least a couple photos posted so I can say I made the deadline and "finished" even though I really didnt hardly get started..

3770940417_5672830112.jpg

3770940381_0284386a5b.jpg

3770940341_3f44b86635.jpg

Why didn't you......just kidding. I like it. I bet it does ride good. The frame looks great with the updated fork and tires. Mine will be listed this week, and I may use your write up. Mine's the one that won't impress anyone, it's even ugly, but like yours, it's a great rider.

It's a cool looking bike as it is! I know this bike would have been a stunner if you've had time to do all you'd liked to it! :) A good idea is never wasted, finish it when you have time for it and if you you feel like it! I mean this is just for fun and for me the fun goes away if I had to feel stressed with time.

Yep... you got that right... It is for fun... But for me I feel like I let myself down by not getting her done. But a guy has to put paying work first... Got to live to build another day. And there is something special about this thing. It freakin is smooth, tight and rides like a dream! And its not like the Lugi is a total mutt... she is a darn fine old scoot in her own right.. Just not top notch "special" like a lot of this years other builds. I am taking her with me this weekend and Im going to ride the heck out of her though!

it is a cool bike dont kid yourself. and i know how it goes this is the busy time of year at the shop where we are running around stupid so trying to find time to make one of parts gets tight. there were things i wanted to do with mine that ended up getting the axe due to time. no worries now that your entered you have all the time in the world to do the little things that you wanted to.

Sweet bike! I can understand why you love riding it around town. Gotta love those tires. They are sick looking!

I think this bike came out great! Looks like it would be a blast to ride off road. Really like the way the frame looks with that fork.

Latest posts

Back