Happy November

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
image.jpg

No snow here yet. Cold and windy enough tho. The other day I'm working in the garage, the inside - outside cat comes to the door screaming to be let in the house NOW!

I see what you did there.

Snow falling from the sky a little here on the Northern Front Range the past two days.
I just got a call from my mountain biking pard. He is driving 14 miles south to where I am to ride because where he lives a mile south of Lake Superior where there is 7 inches. I’m not going.

Why can't we be on a biking reality show where people tune in to watch me tinker and fix my bikes for the first 4 hours then I spend 4 hours riding around with a go pro ? It would be more of reality then the stuff they try to pass off. I'm tired of shows about what wealthy people do, it is not real life. Not paying my phone bill to buy tires and wheels is a real life situation haha

Why can't we be on a biking reality show where people tune in to watch me tinker and fix my bikes for the first 4 hours then I spend 4 hours riding around with a go pro ? It would be more of reality then the stuff they try to pass off.
I'm considering starting a pootube channel with something like this, but need to figure out how to cut production time to something manageable. I'd rather just do the aforementioned daily reality though. That said, time to get real...

I'm considering starting a pootube channel with something like this, but need to figure out how to cut production time to something manageable. I'd rather just do the aforementioned daily reality though. That said, time to get real...
Just set up a shop cam. Leave it on all day. If the Norwegians can have an extremely popular fixed cam stove fire channel (people get upset if they miss when fresh logs go in) or one that watches the elk migration cross the highway (most of the time it just shows desolation waiting for the elk to show up) then someone will tune in to your bike shop cam. I should put a cam in my lake, call it fish TV. You probably won’t be as popular as the floozie cam where you can watch her take a shower and get dressed. I just read about that never saw it, but this reminds me.

Last edited:
It snows, melts, snows, melts. We’re in the can’t decide fall or winter in between weather. I about froze my hands yesterday working on my fire pit cover. I had chilblains so bad in my fingers, not this bad in many years. I’m looking at this now. I have to go out to my shop attic and take down my deer hunting gear. The menus is two kinds of fish, shrimp, ribs, chili, wild rice, bison, potato salad, chips, candy. Then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then New Years. I’m already 15 pounds overweight from constant snacking during the lockdown. My excuse is that body fat helps combat the frozen times.
image.jpg

While weighing out some parts sold yesterday I checked my weight and for the first time this year it was under 210, which is in my wheelhouse. Last Winter my diet and lack of tolerance for riding in the cold (for the first time in many years) found me hovering around 220 since at least September. The one thing about the lockdown/slowdown/spamdemic is that riding a bicycle is an "approved" activity. I'm half-wishing for another full lockdown here to clear the streets of vehicular maniacs and make it truly safer.

While weighing out some parts sold yesterday I checked my weight and for the first time this year it was under 210, which is in my wheelhouse. Last Winter my diet and lack of tolerance for riding in the cold (for the first time in many years) found me hovering around 220 since at least September. The one thing about the lockdown/slowdown/spamdemic is that riding a bicycle is an "approved" activity. I'm half-wishing for another full lockdown here to clear the streets of vehicular maniacs and make it truly safer.
Yeah, last spring there was almost no traffic on Federal Forest 13. It was re paved 3 years ago with no shoulders but it’s glass smooth. I rode down to and across US 2, then a loop along Lake Michigan and back several times. I probably saw 5 vehicles on each trip. 62 miles round trip, about 1/3 flat the rest rolling to steep old glacial vegetated sand dunes. On each trip there was less and less snow in the woods and in the ditch. I was able to watch it melt off with each trip. The further south I rode towards Lake Michigan the less snow. I saw deer herds migrating across Hwy. 13. That was so enjoyable. I still gained weight. It will never be that nice again.

Latest posts

Back