Hard Eight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work on the seat and nice looking bike! A lot of cool details. The wheels, the crankset, the chain and that rear hub with the big cooling disk work great together. Handlebars, grips, brake levers, shifter... Very nice!
I would adjust that stem to be low and close to the fork spring. Following the line of the top tube.
What's the idea with the BB adapter in the rear BB housing?
The Disc up front looked puny until I added the 204mm disc last week. Rounded out with the big heat sync on the back roller brake.

Good observation on the stem. Stem and Bar adjustments are.in the finishing touches list. After the seat is really bolted in will adjust to match arm length.

For the old bottom bracket, I was hoping the 3D resin printer would be up and running at the shop. I was thinking of 2, 6 sided dice with 4s on all sides behind some clear plastic. Worst case I can cut some polycarbonate circles and glue them to it. Same for the front hole mistake. Maybe some way to light the inside.

Other items in the list.. I Have cables left to cut, bolts left to polish, decals left to make, chain guard to repaint and decal up. A few. Cable ties to make, a fork bump stop. And lighting is still needed

You crushed it on the crushed velvet nanner!
Glad to see this build update! Great bike!

You crushed it on the crushed velvet nanner!
Glad to see this build update! Great bike!
Thank You Kingfish, I am glad you like it. In the home stretch now. OBC is here in 2 weeks.

Without the iron on stabilizer that fabric is really difficult to work with. Really stretchy one direction, slightly in the other. Edges roll and such.

Todays Polish pile
20210828_063236.jpg

Guard selected from a Nirve switchblade. It seemed to fit well and only needed one.hole drilled in it for fitment.
Resized_20210728_104912.jpeg

I had a selection to choose from. Almost picked the OCC guard, but fitment was difficult at best.
20210828_064951.jpg

Painted to match.
20210828_063250.jpg

Need to get the taps out and mount it.

Polish and fixed a few details like spraying the welds so they won't rust afte the sissy got polished.
20210830_165936.jpg
20210830_165943.jpg

Been cutting cable ties. Some on the bike.
20210830_172016.jpg

Next steps. Finish.cutting in and attaching cables. Figure out how to tighten in the sissy spring nuts. Cut 1/2 inch or so from the springer spring to push the front tire out a hair. Then Take it for its first ride to see what I break.

Current state of the bike
20210830_171430.jpg

Ummm. Are you using gator for the cable ties? Vicious!
I think it's colored cowhide pressed in gator style,, that I got from the scrap leather at Tandy leather factory. At least when I chew on the scraps it tastes like cowhide... ( love ❤ the smell of leather )

I had some black, tan, dark tan. Even have some Greek mosaic in white that @Funkme helped me ID a couple years ago...
20210831_175844.jpg

I haven't found a use for it yet, but the next white bike I build will probably have a Seat from it.

Last edited:
Took her out during a ride around the neighborhood today after getting it all tied in.

Cables tied in.
20210831_173046.jpg
20210831_173131.jpg
20210831_173134.jpg
20210831_173141.jpg

20210831_173148.jpg
20210831_173203.jpg
20210831_173227.jpg

Had a problem getting above 5th. First and second are really low. 3rd 4th and 5th will be for the cruises downtown.

Gonna have to trim this tab off the shifter to get the three high gears..
20210831_175202.jpg

I think it's colored cowhide pressed in gator style,, that I got from the scrap leather at Tandy leather factory. At least when I chew on the scraps it tastes like cowhide... ( love ❤ the smell of leather )

I had some black, tan, dark tan. Even have some Greek mosaic in white that @Funkme helped me ID a couple years ago...View attachment 170552

I haven't found a use for it yet, but the next white bike I build will probably have a Seat from it.
I still have the matching pedals.

Been away with work and life happening....

I went to OBC last month. It was a good time. A lot smaller than years passed. Saw a good friend get a lifetime recognition to the custom bike Art. Was a good time. 👍

This bike has been mostly done, except a few color changes are needed. Will also rework the shifter soon. Added another 4 teeth to the front ring.

It rides well. Not setup for my stride, but it is a perfect fit for my wife, who I made this one for.

Today at Ralphie's second anniversary show, got a 1 in 21.
20211023_134754.jpg

More to come as we redo some details and add more.

Latest posts

Back